DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Questions from a noob

ShonnyRotten

Reactions
Shed some light on this please for me,
appreciate it much

1) on youtube videos, i usually see people have a radar looking like thing, on the left bottom corner of the Dji fly app. I can't find it. All I have is a map.
2) Today was doing a range test, turned off OA. But when taking off, the it still showed me yellow light, letting me know that there was a obstacle to the left. Were the SENSORS still on?
3) Switch between photo/video modes - is by pressing video or photo button on RC? No way of doing it in the app?

bonus question :)
How to change so screen recording saves to the SD on the RC?

1) Since no one else has replied. If I remember correctly touching one of the corners of the map brings that up ...... but I could well be wrong.

Reactions: dart106
1) on youtube videos, i usually see people have a radar looking like thing, on the left bottom corner of the Dji fly app. I can't find it. All I have is a map.

Tapping on the map will change it to radar and vice versa.

2) Today was doing a range test, turned off OA. But when taking off, the it still showed me yellow light, letting me know that there was a obstacle to the left. Were the SENSORS still on?

If you turn off OA, then it's off. You may still get a warning but don't fly near the obstacle.

3) Switch between photo/video modes - is it by pressing video or photo button on RC? No way of doing it in the app?

Just above the Record button is a little icon that you press to change from video to photo.

You can download the User Manual here.

How to use the Fly App begins around page 92

Turning off OA does not turn off power to the OA cameras. It simply turns off OA functionality. No power is saved by ignoring the sensing system, however some minor power savings may occur because OA flight behavior doesn't take place.

In practice, as long as you're not trying to invoke OA behavior, I doubt you could detect the difference in flight time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas