DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

300 Flights

You should share this post with DJI and ask them if they can send you a new door for the memory slot under warranty.
DJI wants him to send it back, which I agree is hard to do. Do you really want to live without your prized Mavic just to fix the door which is not even completely broken yet? I would wait myself and send it in when there is something more serious and have that fixed at the same time.

What.... No Cheesy pet name..... my Mr Angry Hornet is not going to like that :eek:

Thank You Logger for the longer term review of the Mavic.... This is really good news for us Mavic owners!!

I don’t have any fancy landing pads, gimbal guards, Lipo bags, pelican cases, stickers lanyards or Cheesy Pet names for it.

DJI wants him to send it back, which I agree is hard to do. Do you really want to live without your prized Mavic just to fix the door which is not even completely broken yet? I would wait myself and send it in when there is something more serious and have that fixed at the same time.

Ugh. I must have skipped right over that. What a stupidly rigid policy.

On the upside, if he sends it in for a few weeks, it'll let the rest of us try to catch up to his flight numbers.

Gotcha, ok. I will let you know if I am able to come up with a 3D printable version of the memory card door, shouldn't be that difficult.
Cool thanks. I have been pretty careful opening and shutting it and in time it snapped. So I am expecting it to be not uncommon for others to have the same issue eventually. no dount it will all be perfectly fine without door too. A spare part user fitted would be nice though.

When you fly your Mavic do you have Wi-fi on or the phone in airplane mode?
I turn WiFi off but leave it out of flight mode. BT and other features stay ON. I take occasional mid flight incoming calls and the S7edge deals with it well. Main thing is I religiously kill all apps before connecting. Set phone to full bright, kill apps, wifi Off. Fit phone to controller with RC end disconnected. Power on RC then Mavic. Plug USB into RC and select DJIGO4 or Litchi, "this time only". All good.

Reactions: gingercookie
Cool thanks. I have been pretty careful opening and shutting it and in time it snapped. So I am expecting it to be not uncommon for others to have the same issue eventually. no dount it will all be perfectly fine without door too. A spare part user fitted would be nice though.

...or judicious use of duct tape!!!

That's pretty much my setup too-Surface Pro, 2 TB drive to off load, Samsung Galaxy S4 Notes - minus about 294 flights of course!!!

Thanks so much for the long and well done review.
Chip D - Omaha, NE

what method are you using to do that lossless snips?
As described by some other clever person in this forum.

Build right into Windows 10 is their Photos utility. Counter intuitive but it is a ripper. Instead of opening the Mov/MP4 with "Film & TV" app wich is the default , open with Photos. Once in Photos up top right you will see four icons. third one that looks a bit like this =|-|= takes you to the trim too. Set the trim and press save. If it will make a new file with the trimmed clip. Photos also has a good still image grab tool.

Reactions: ___
so how do you go about opening it on yours? The reason I ask is because I had some issues at first until I realized it opens easily by sliding the door downward by putting my fingernail in the small gap on the top of the door and sliding it down. At first I was trying to pry it open from the bottom until I think I saw someone in a video sliding it down to open it. Since then, no issues (knock on wood).

so how do you go about opening it on yours? The reason I ask is because I had some issues at first until I realized it opens easily by sliding the door downward by putting my fingernail in the small gap on the top of the door and sliding it down. At first I was trying to pry it open from the bottom until I think I saw someone in a video sliding it down to open it. Since then, no issues (knock on wood).
Keep in mind the number of flights he has and how many times he has opened and closed it. :)

I am currently taking measurements for a replacement, I think the only reason for the "tape" holding it on is to avoid losing it, I will make the design I come up with such that it fits good but not having the "tape" connected means that you risk losing it every time you remove it. Maybe we can find a way to attach it to the existing tape though.

Keep in mind the number of flights he has and how many times he has opened and closed it. :)

I am currently taking measurements for a replacement, I think the only reason for the "tape" holding it on is to avoid losing it, I will make the design I come up with such that it fits good but not having the "tape" connected means that you risk losing it every time you remove it. Maybe we can find a way to attach it to the existing tape though.
Oh, I am not insinuating he broke it by opening it wrong....was asking more for my knowledge since I was too dumb to figure it out until about the 10th time doing it...

As described by some other clever person in this forum.

Build right into Windows 10 is their Photos utility. Counter intuitive but it is a ripper. Instead of opening the Mov/MP4 with "Film & TV" app wich is the default , open with Photos. Once in Photos up top right you will see four icons. third one that looks a bit like this =|-|= takes you to the trim too. Set the trim and press save. If it will make a new file with the trimmed clip. Photos also has a good still image grab tool.

I tried it, it works great. This is something that I have been looking for. Thank you so much for sharing!

so how do you go about opening it on yours?
Like you said I slide it down and not outwards. But also like you said, it is not immediately obvious this is the correct technique.

Last edited:
... Once in Photos up top right you will see four icons. third one that looks a bit like this =|-|= takes you to the trim too. ...
Great post!
When I open Photo in W10, I see these four icons:
refresh, select, slideshow, import.
Am I missing a step?

Great post!
When I open Photo in W10, I see these four icons:
refresh, select, slideshow, import.
Am I missing a step?
Instead of opening the Photos app empty, start by going to the video file you want to snip and use it open Photo in context.
So in file explore right click on the MOV or MP4 file and select "Open with > Photos"

Reactions: sonof40
Logger, what a great and inspiring post! I have had a similar experience to yours, but I haven't had my Mavic as long and I only have a hundred or so completely worry free flights. I do occasionally fly for distance as well. The fact that we can write such posts is just a huge testament to this amazing machine. I am shocked we have technology like this. I can't speak like this of the many other drones and flying machines I have. Keep up the good work. We will wait for your 1000 flight post.

logger, what firmware is currently on your Mav, and do u do the updates as they become available, or wait?
Great Post logger, thank you so much

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu