DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360° Panorama high res

Insel: Was that image created by the go4 app or was it done in post? If it’s the latter what did you use because I love the way it displays with controls at the bottom. VERY cool and thanks for the post.

@inselgrafik , that looks fantastic. I'm disappointed in my pano tests. For some reason, the sky is blown out on every one. Or I can pick a point at the horizon for good sky exposure and lock it, then the ground is too dark to see.

Can you share how you shot your panos, how you exposed them (auto, fixed)?

Did you manually take each shot, use AEB, or use the Go4 app to take them, etc.

I'm disappointed and looking for pointers for taking a better, more evenly exposed panorama. I would really be grateful for any pointers.

And @kilomikebravo , it looks like he is using Pano2VR for the pano to VR conversion. It's a really nice app and I have the pro version.

Wsetti: many thanks for catching which program he was using for that pano, ( **** I wish Apple would figure out the word pano but it doesn’t seem to be in their voice recognition database. When I say “pano,” Apple types “panel“ every time.)

I’m going to go inside and check up on that Pano2VR app thanks again.

I use manual exposure for the pano. It was 1/1000 sec and f6.3, the sky a bit overexposure, the bottom a lot underexposured. The DNGs are developed in Lightroom, export as jpg, stitched with Autopano.
But DJI did a bad job, for the Mavic1 they use +30 for the skyrow, for the Mavic2 it is just +13 (as for the MavicAir). So you can not take zenith shoots from the ground, it wound fit. And the Mavic2 is able to go to +45!

So please DJI, change that ore i have to use another app ...

Regarding your panorama - Panorama mode seems to be the only mode that doesnt have a focus button .
is mavic 2 pro autofocusing all frames or are you pre focusing , switch to manual in "regular " mode ?

I use manual exposure for the pano. It was 1/1000 sec and f6.3, the sky a bit overexposure, the bottom a lot underexposured. The DNGs are developed in Lightroom, export as jpg, stitched with Autopano.
But DJI did a bad job, for the Mavic1 they use +30 for the skyrow, for the Mavic2 it is just +13 (as for the MavicAir). So you can not take zenith shoots from the ground, it wound fit. And the Mavic2 is able to go to +45!

So please DJI, change that ore i have to use another app ...

Very nice work, Inselgeafik- so I’m planning to just mount a cheap GoPro set to time lapse on top of my M2P facing up to get my Zenith shots.

How cool is THAT?!!! I for one am impressed.

KB

It should work- unless you need rhe same high resolution as the Mavic’s camera, but clouds and sky should be fine. That would make it possible to get a clean 360 VR without any Nadir or Zenith stitching issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun