DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 degree pano.....Litchi vs DJIgo

Version 4.1.20 (iOS, not sure about Android) corrects this issue for me. Manual exposure now locks for all 34 photos.

Same here - my manual settings aren’t being overridden (4.1.20 on iOS)

Recently Litchi released an update that fixes the speed problem. With 2.0.0 (iOS) it works super fast and they seem to stitch just as well as with older versions. Quite nice.
Nathan - thanks for highlighting this. How long does a full pano take now? Original post said it was 5 mins.

I tried the 30° up option (4 rows of 8). It didn't work perfectly although I did get it once. Decided it's more trouble than it's worth.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Wow, the DJI result may be fast but sure doesn't look good. I have been using Litchi for several years and usually do 26 photos (3x8, 2 nadirs). Yes it takes some time but I typically get good results. I use Panorama Studio so the results look like this: http://www.flynathan.com/pano/tilos.html

I was almost thinking of updating my Mavic for this feature but it's not very compelling. I am still back on the .0700 firmware which works fine.
looks great Nathan

Somehow missed this thread earlier. I have done extensive experiments taking spherical panoramas with the Mavic Pro. Unlike all the other panorama modes it consistently overexposes the exposures. I determined that:
  • With the drone initially facing north, camera horizontal, automatic exposure: the panorama is overexposed by 2+ stops (unusable)

• With the drone initially facing north, camera pointing straight down, automatic exposure: the panorama is much better but still overexposed by 1 stop (usable as a 'record' photo, but bright areas lose a lot of detail)

• Although the 34 images appear (in the EXIF data) to have different exposures (shutter speeds) in fact they are all taken at the same speed (it is just that they are all too slow)

• I have achieved good results by pointing the drone North, camera horizontal, and using the auto-exposure shutter speed for that to set manual shutter speed for the panorama; it's a pain but it works -- for some examples, see: Speleogroup panoramas
I reported these problems to DJI as soon as the panorama option was released -- the reply was that 'we have passed it on to our engineers', but it still not fixed :-(.

So: is the problem fixed when using Litchi, or is it a problem in the drone firmware?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4