DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 pano

Hiiuviiking

Reactions
Hi to all
Can anyone explane me how to extract images from video to do 360 pano. Do i have to make videos with separate 360 cam. or can i do it with mavic 2 pro cam.?

It's actually quite simple to make 360 deg panos using photos. Not videos. Using the DJI Go4 app go to the camera settings and select photo (not video), then select panorama, then on the bottom of your screen you will see options for different kinds of panos. Pick the one on the left (it looks like a globe). Then close out of the menu and go fly. When your drone is where you want it to be, press the shutter button on the app. It will take a minute or two to take 26 shots and then it will AUTOMATICALLY do it's magic right there while the drone is still flying. It will tell you on your display when the pano is complete . When you get home take out the memory card and put it in your computer. You will then see the finished pano. It will be the photo that does not look geometrically right (it's a flat view at this point) but it actually is. Upload it to FB or Kuula or on your pc view it using a 360 viewing app. I like the one called LizardQ viewer.

Last edited:
Hi to all
Can anyone explane me how to extract images from video to do 360 pano. Do i have to make videos with separate 360 cam. or can i do it with mavic 2 pro cam.?
Just yaw slowly in a fixed position in 4K 30fps and use Microsoft ICE to create a 360° pano from the video clip. It will be 360° but not a full 360x180, as you won't be looking down or up. As posted above, the best 360x180 pano is created by shooting 26 still images that the camera automatically stitches together for you, and clones in a ceiling, while preserving the original files (if you select that option). It's fully automated and takes only 60 seconds from start to finish.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent