DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 Panorama and Tiny Planet of Seattle from Greenlake area and a shot of Downtown Seattle

Nice Pics.

Thanks, folks. I had not flown in a while and since I upgraded the Zoom yesterday, I decided to take advantage of the unexpected good weather. From my back yard - well, 110 feet above it!

What software did you use to stitch the photos together? I’ve used Lightroom but every time there are blank spots and I have to try and fill them with the duplicate tool. Then, when I use Kuula, it doesn’t look entirely natural like the one you posted

What software did you use to stitch the photos together? I’ve used Lightroom but every time there are blank spots and I have to try and fill them with the duplicate tool. Then, when I use Kuula, it doesn’t look entirely natural like the one you posted
Or do I need to recalibrate something on my Mavic Pro?

I did nothing actually. I have the Zoom and the Spherical mode is built-in. Let the drone shoot it, then using the Review/Preview icon (under Camera Settings icon), I look at the image and then download it to the device (cell, tab or Smart Controller). (there's an icon to allow that).

That image is compiled by the DJI software as it transfers across and the resulting image is shown below (I had to reduce the resolution to post it here). I then just upload that image to Kuula. Depending on the angle/height/no-sure-what, sometimes the software fills in the sky pretty evenly and other times less so. There's even a brief prompt showing saying something like "filling in portion"

org_444c4aed0ee70821_1568853496000 - Copy.jpg

Reactions: David_Maverick
Very Kool! I remember Greenlake well. As kids we used to ride our bikes to Woodland Park/Greenlake from our home on Magnolia Bluff. My mom worked in the Federal Office Bldg at 1st. and Madison. I'd take the bus downtown and meet her for lunch at Ivar's pier 54.

Been wanting to get up there with my M2P and my new Osmo 3, but the weather suckz. Lotsa stuff I want to shoot up there: Space Needle, the fish toss at the Public Market, the waterfront, a few ferries and ships, Amazon HQ, Starbucks HQ, Microsoft Center, seaplanes taking off from Lake Union, the Sleepless in Seattle houseboat, Mt. Rainier, the Locks, the Arboretum, UW, etc. Maybe if there's a clear week in October-November. Looking forward to good seafood, good coffee, and good local beer!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr