DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D-printed Mini 3 Pro extension legs (clipon)

mroek

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I have been working very hard on designing extension legs for the newest member of the Mini family, and I am quite pleased with the result:

drone_with_legs.jpg

It was much more difficult to design than I had first anticipated, but I think the end result looks quite good, and it fits the shape of the drone very well. I also came up with the idea of having just a single leg in the rear, which makes it easier to find a stable position if the surface is uneven (like a tripod).

I also created a video to show preparation and how to attach the legs to the drone (even if it is basically self-explanatory):

Should anyone want to print these, the files can be found (for a small fee) here:

Combined weight is less than 10 grams, but it will obviously bring the total to above 250 grams, so beware.

@mroek please dont take this the wrong way
while you design looks great, and undoubtably does the job of keeping the drone well above the ground,i am concerned with the fitment to the front arms,having an impact on the hinge area and the arms themselves during constant use ,i hope that doesnt turn out to be the case
this is just my personal opinion

What is the weight of the mini 3 with the legs?

Around 258-259 grams with the standard battery.

@mroek please dont take this the wrong way
while you design looks great, and undoubtably does the job of keeping the drone well above the ground,i am concerned with the fitment to the front arms,having an impact on the hinge area and the arms themselves during constant use ,i hope that doesnt turn out to be the case
this is just my personal opinion

Those arms are designed to hold the weight of the drone while in flight, and will take more of a beating in that situation, especially if it is fighting wind or you are zipping around. Bottom line is, I'm pretty sure that the arms wil have absolutely no problems with this. The bigger issue is weight, and as mentioned, using these arms will put the drone above the 250 g legal limit.

How much would you charge to make me some?

The actual printing cost for a set of legs is almost negligible, so (international) shipping would actually be more expensive than the making. However, I'm not really into the business of selling physical copies, so your best bet is to check if you can find someone with a 3D-printer local to you.

Reactions: old man mavic
Bonjour
Pour moi le poids était limité dans le cahier des charges pour une première réalisation de réhausse. C'est très basique mais cela fonctionne pour un poids contenu de 250G. Installation très rapide, bonne tenu, hauteur + 18 mm. ça me va en premier essai.IMG_20220525_120439.jpg

Reactions: Brojon
What actually is the problem with the drone for you? Is it to low to the ground?
As I am handcatching, I can't quite relate ... 😆

Reactions: EP32k2
Oui trop bas, car je n'ai pas encore pris l'habitude de la réception à la main. j'ai commencé avec le mavic pro 2, ce doit être pour ça. Je vais m'y mettre promis, en herbe un peu haute ou grosse pierre le risque est réel, donc...
A+patc45 de France!

Reactions: Torque
@patc45 France Yes, that solution also works, but in my opinion it doesn't look quite as nice.

Oh, and this is an English speaking forum, so you really should post in English here. Just some friendly advice.

• Sad
Oui mais 250G. C'est de l'artisanale, si demain je fais faire des découpes avec des machine le résultat sera splendide car c'est de l' EVA une matière très légère, bon marché et le poids restera surement à 249G. A+patc45 de France!

I don't see a notification saying english language only, do you? There are many people in Canada that are bilingual with their first language either being French or English and that situation prevails around the world.

Reactions: Torque and rx7ward
I don't see a notification saying english language only, do you? There are many people in Canada that are bilingual with their first language either being French or English and that situation prevails around the world.

Well, the forum would look really messy if everyone was to write in their own preferred language, don't you think? With the advent of Google Translate it is of course possible to get a grip on most posts irrespective of language, but I would say that the person posting really should be the one using it to translate before posting, and not place that burden on everyone else (that can't read their specific language).

And to be clear, this is a quote from the community rules on this forum:

"The language of this community is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite."

To je ale blbej přístup. Když se tu budu bavit s dalším čechem česky, ostatní asi nadšeni nebudou.

Point being: English forum, speak English.

I have been working very hard on designing extension legs for the newest member of the Mini family, and I am quite pleased with the result:

View attachment 148818

It was much more difficult to design than I had first anticipated, but I think the end result looks quite good, and it fits the shape of the drone very well. I also came up with the idea of having just a single leg in the rear, which makes it easier to find a stable position if the surface is uneven (like a tripod).

I also created a video to show preparation and how to attach the legs to the drone (even if it is basically self-explanatory):

Should anyone want to print these, the files can be found (for a small fee) here:

Combined weight is less than 10 grams, but it will obviously bring the total to above 250 grams, so beware.
There's some nifty low mass filament available now that can be used to make flying model aircraft parts and such.

Yes, I am aware of that, but it is still far from light enough to help in this situation. It weighs around 68% of regular PLA, so these legs would still weigh more than 6 grams combined if printed in that material.

It is, in my opinion, more or less impossible to make usable leg extensions that will fit within 1.5 grams.

Good evening

It's okay, I won't post anything! i will leave you alone.
I am sorry you don't feel welcome in the community. I understand the other member's point - it is very helpful for me on my cell phone to see English because it's hard to translate each post. Please stay on the forum and use Google translate! Thanks friend!

Hey everyone, looking for someone with excellent 3d printing experience. Was needing some dji mini 2 arms printed that are 1" longer than the original arms. Purpose is to put dji mini 3 propellers on my dji mini 2. Have motor caps that raise propellers slightly, only need slightly longer arms to fit the larger propellers. I guess I need someone to "cad" these longer arms so I can have them printed professionally or I can pay someone to help me get these printed. Just looking to keep close to the the same weight, color/material. (Just make center narrow sections of arms 1" longer) Thanks to all that took the time to read this, hopefully someone is willing to help create a dji mini 2 "pro"

Bonsoir

J'ai travaillé sur la première extension (publiée avec photo) qui me fait passer le drone de 19mm de haut du moteur à 60mm. plancher arrière à 55mm. Matériau EVA utilisé, ajustement avec un poids de ceinture Velcro sur la balance de précision 248G. En France il est important de rester en dessous de 250G., car le classement A1 donne des avantages par rapport au classement A3 au-delà de 250G.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+