DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D printing: DJI Mavic Stick Guard

Will this really help stop damage? It seems that it may potentially cause more damage?

Reactions: moocows42
I don't have mine yet, so I'm a bit ignorant. Don't the sticks come off? I know I saw that somewhere, Maybe from a "Tested" review.

Is allowing the sticks to still move in tandem but be protected against breakages the goal? I would think something that isolates the sticks altogether would be better.

Is allowing the sticks to still move in tandem but be protected against breakages the goal? I would think something that isolates the sticks altogether would be better.
The angle of the sticks won't be able change, so it's not going to move around much at all. Excellent design.

I just found the exact same thing on eBay and ordered one, $10 (free shipping) and it comes from the USA instead of from China in January. Worst case, I may want to use a velcro strap to hold in on and keep it from moving.... you can buy rolls of all kinds of Velcro straps and about any hardware store.

DJI Mavic controller Stick guard USA seller fast shipping many colors available | eBay

Thanks for sharing. Ordered 1 as well[emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks, just ordered them. Nice addidtion

Hmmm I guess I could print them and sell it for $9 (without P&P).
I could even vapor treat them fot that price to make them look even better.

Here you can see (and hear) a live event of my printer printing the "DJI Mavic Stick Guard".
Job should be done within 2 hours.
I also hope that I've got enough filament for this job (3 meters) as the spool is almost empty :/

*** EDIT ***

Live "event" has finished.
You can see it back here (when YouTube processing has been done):

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mavic
Here you can see (and hear) a live event of my printer printing the "DJI Mavic Stick Guard".
Job should be done within 2 hours.
I also hope that I've got enough filament for this job (3 meters) as the spool is almost empty :/

Rumour has it that this video was secretly filmed at the DJI factory in China as production is ramped up of the new Mavic Pro.

Reactions: Guest and Mavic
I ran out of filament, so I'm unable to print it at this moment.
I'll get some new filament tomorrow, and print the TX BOX to see how good it is.

IMO, I think the box is the way to go if you looking to protect the RC sticks.

Printing the TX box now with new unknown filament (might get messy)

Mavic Pro TX box (part A)
Filament needed: 22.5 meter
Infill set to: 10%
Time to print: +/- 5hrs.

Attachments

• part-a.jpg
    part-a.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 53
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics