DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3d printing forums?

Thanks
I have done the research hence my question to msinger who has this printer. It’s NOT all just about temperature, but also about abrasiveness of the filament and the wear it can cause to extruder parts
Thanks @msinger for your reply. I’ll wait until I need it. I
My research implied, you only have to worry about the nozzle when it comes to the abrasiveness of the filament. All I know is the nozzle needs to be upgraded or changed more frequently. I didn't read much about the other parts of the extruder and hot end being at much risk of wear and tear. Did I miss something? What other parts besides the nozzle will get damaged by abrasive filaments over time and need replacing or upgrades? Seriously, I don't know.

Extruder (and its gears) will also wear with stiffer more abrasive filaments. The recommendations is to use hardened steel nozzle and hardened steel extruder gears.
As you said earlier, there is much to learn

From my research
"The hardened steel extruder unit is equipped with double gears made of hardened steel, which provides increased extrusion force, prevents slippage, and enhances abrasion resistance. These gears enable the extruder unit to handle tough engineering filaments such as carbon fiber nylon and glass fiber nylon."

Last edited:
Reactions: StevenBrodsky
Extruder (and its gears) will also wear with stiffer more abrasive filaments. The recommendations is to use hardened steel nozzle and hardened steel extruder gears.
As you said earlier, there is much to learn

From my research
"The hardened steel extruder unit is equipped with double gears made of hardened steel, which provides increased extrusion force, prevents slippage, and enhances abrasion resistance. These gears enable the extruder unit to handle tough engineering filaments such as carbon fiber nylon and glass fiber nylon."
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize extruder gears can be worn or slip with harder more abrasive materials and may need upgrading. I own a PEEK filament rated printer, but they never mentioned ,in their advertising, things regarding the strengths of the extruder system. They only mentioned it's heat resistance and hotend and nozzle capabilities.

Also worth mentioning -- I own two Bambu Lab P1Ps. Been printing on them since about February of last year.
Been running my 3 Bambu P1S units nearly nonstop now for about 4 days now. Love these machines and very happy with what they are putting out. Thanks for the recommendation

Reactions: msinger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas