DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D Terrain Map Test

AMann

Reactions
M2P flying by DJI Copilot grid waypoint mode, Agisoft Photoscan and about 100 photos combined. You can tell it was very windy here, every bush and tree was smeared! Sorry about the low res screen capture... have to change that.Mapping Test w M2P.jpg

Last edited:
One battery?

It was my first time trying out a waypoint program to fly a grid, so yeah- I was able to do it with one full battery, and the flight ended at 20%. When I started out, it estimated only 11 minutes for the total mission, and It was set at 30m AGL. I picked this site to try it as its wide open BLM property and nobody was there. Due to the wind gusts up to 10mph, it ate a lot of power. Important point: I purposely started on the downwind side of the survey area so it didn't have to fight the wind on the RTH leg with a low battery, and not only was the site isolated from people, it also had lots of good emergency landing areas in case I had to put it down quickly. Had it been a forested site, cliffs or one with people or water anywhere, I wouldn't have let the battery go to 20% and would have had to do more controlling than I did. All I had to do was watch and kept my hand near the pause button in case an issue came up. Over all, this worked out really well and I an totally impressed with how quickly I was able to map the site out.

Reactions: hactick

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18