DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd party app that allows control via on screen joysticks?

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi drone buddies, I'm looking for a 3rd party app that allows me to control my Mini 2 with onscreen joysticks. Does anyone know of such an app?

To do what you're asking for, your drone would need more than just a 3rd party app.... it would have to have a way to communicate directly with your phone/device. Sorry, but your Mini 2 does not.

My Mavic Pro Platinum has a switch on the side, in one position it communicates with the RC as normal. In the other position it acts like an AP (wifi access point) to which I can directly connect my phone/tablet via wifi. After that, the DJI Go4 app has on screen joysticks.

I really like that feature, don't use it much but I like for it to be there if I want it. The MPP also has many other features I like that the Fly app generation of dji drones don't have... even better, it does NOT have many of the 'features' (limitations) of the fly app drones.

To do what you're asking for, your drone would need more than just a 3rd party app.... it would have to have a way to communicate directly with your phone/device. Sorry, but your Mini 2 does not.

My Mavic Pro Platinum has a switch on the side, in one position it communicates with the RC as normal. In the other position it acts like an AP (wifi access point) to which I can directly connect my phone/tablet via wifi. After that, the DJI Go4 app has on screen joysticks.

I really like that feature, don't use it much but I like for it to be there if I want it. The MPP also has many other features I like that the Fly app generation of dji drones don't have... even better, it does NOT have many of the 'features' (limitations) of the fly app drones.
With your phone connected to your controller, you can use virtual joysticks to control it as well.

Reactions: umanbean
With your phone connected to your controller, you can use virtual joysticks to control it as well.
Ahhh, I see now... didn't know you were talking about phone still connected to RC.

I don't know anything about virtual joystick emulator apps or how to run them on top of other apps - such as fly or go4. Hopefully someone who does know about such things will come along shortly. Good luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne