DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd Party Apps?

Thank you... that’s one less step I have to take to fly my new MA2.
But if you asked in the correct format as in do I "want" 3rd party Apps, then you might of got a different answer...as it is there are no 3rd party Apps for your Aircraft at present as mentioned, so moot point :p However flight data Apps and weather and aircraft proximity apps would tend to be very useful for a new pilot :)

Don as a MA2 newbie myself, a great website I've been reading through the documents is Mavic Help. :)

The MA2 does natively much of what people buy Litchi for, like spotlight and follow modes that Minis don’t have. That said, if you plan to do mapping or waypoint missions, Litchi and Dronelink will be handy once the SDK is released, reportedly next month.

The MA2 does natively much of what people buy Litchi for, like spotlight and follow modes that Minis don’t have. That said, if you plan to do mapping or waypoint missions, Litchi and Dronelink will be handy once the SDK is released, reportedly next month.
It's been "next month" for what feels like months. :)

Reactions: Gary R and AlexD
Check out Airdata. It’s free and you can upload your flights to analyze a number of specifics of each flight. It’s free but you can also pay for extra info. I use the free version and it’s my go to before every flight. It also gives good local weather info.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
DJI hasn't released the SDK for the Mavic Air 2 yet so there are no 3rd party apps that can work at the moment.
Mr Wong, of DJI Development, has replied to me that the MSDK for MA2 IS scheduled to be released mid-December. And, that DroneDeploy, Pix4D and Litchi will work when the apps do what they have to do. It is not automatic.

Mr Wong, of DJI Development, has replied to me that the MSDK for MA2 IS scheduled to be released mid-December. And, that DroneDeploy, Pix4D and Litchi will work when the apps do what they have to do. It is not automatic.
I trust Mr. Wong more than "end of this month" that is if Mr.Wong isn't Mr.Wrong. :p Let's just hope DJI release a fully capable SDK right out of the gate for the MA2 vice the crippled one for the Mini 1. ;)

Reactions: MA2 317
Tired of waiting. Just purchased a Mavic Phantom 3 Pro that already will do DroneDeploy, Pix4D and Litchi.

Reactions: MA2 317
I trust Mr. Wong more than "end of this month" that is if Mr.Wong isn't Mr.Wrong. [emoji14] Let's just hope DJI release a fully capable SDK right out of the gate for the MA2 vice the crippled one for the Mini 1. ;)
SDK crippled in MM1? SDK can only provide what the firmware is capable of. Many autonomous flight modes are not performed suitably by the app doing all the work.

Tired of waiting. Just purchased a Mavic Phantom 3 Pro that already will do DroneDeploy, Pix4D and Litchi.
Drop the Mavic in the name :p I bought a P3P back about 5 months after they came out....still one of my favorite and go to aircraft...it can actually be modded to fly over 60MPH by hacking the firmware...if you know how to code in Python ;)

SDK crippled in MM1? SDK can only provide what the firmware is capable of. Many autonomous flight modes are not performed suitably by the app doing all the work.
Yes, Poorly worded...I slapped my hand for ya :) But if I understand Litchi engineers correctly from reports, DJI purposely omitted functions in the SDK and Litchi Developers are in contact and trying to get them to release a updated version to allow SDK to it's full capabilities ;)

Last edited:
Drop the Mavic in the name :p I bought a P3P back about 5 months after they came out....still one of my favorite and go to aircraft...it can actually be modded to fly over 60MPH by hacking the firmware...if you know how to code in Python ;)
You are correct. It is the DJI Phantom 3 Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje