DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd Party Camera for Mavic Pro

Dingo444

Reactions
It has been said in numerous posts that the camera and gimbal is the 'Achilles Heel' of the Mavic Pro. Are there any 3rd party cameras/gimbal on the market that replaces the original ? Possible market opportunity? Inerested in your opinions- note....be gentle this is my first post.

Reactions: Former Member
It has been said in numerous posts that the camera and gimbal is the 'Achilles Heel' of the Mavic Pro. Are there any 3rd party cameras/gimbal on the market that replaces the original ? Possible market opportunity? Inerested in your opinions- note....be gentle this is my first post.
Howdy from Wyoming @Dingo444 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. The camera is so integrated in the hardware and firmware that I think it would be extremely difficult to manufacture a third party replacement; it would be similar to trying to replace the camera on an iphone with a third party unit.

The only 3rd party gimbals that are available are Mavic gimbal copies, and they are trash.

There was never a gimbal made, that I have seen, that will enhance or replace the OEM Mavic unit.

By the time a third party manufacturer produced a better camera, that would integrate (if even possible, given the proprietary nature of the thing) it would cost more than just buying the Mavic 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ