DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4 Bricks!

Zeriox

Reactions
M210, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic Air are all bricks due to latest NFZ. Not happy camper. Am on the edge of the light blue line, figures. Will look for alternatives where I started 4 years ago, from scratch with Mission Planner and home built. Good luck dji

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Welcome to the group... if it wouldn't be too much trouble would you mind adding your location and or where you are talking about?

Thank’s guys! Been monitoring this forum since inception, lots of good intel.

I’m a bit old school and not a fan of intentionally sharing my location, tho I’m sure it’s out there, which makes me sleep with one eye open!

Been flying U-Line and RC since the 70’s, but got into the UAS hobby when the Pixhawk came out. Have spent hours researching every sensor, building and modifying them and tweaking the software only to watch a technological masterpiece fly away. Tromping through corn fields and the woods is good exercise, but poison ivy has ruined many a day! Some day a hunter is going to run across a little FPV with a brand new GoPro and get a pretty good laugh watching the video of my bro and I chasing after it, Lol Just like my RC days I've worked on them more than flying, I think that’s why they call it a hobby.

I bought the Mavic when it first came out to finally have a reliable platform and it has been and I’m grateful for that and respect it as its a complicated little piece of machinery. I also respect the FAA and agree that the NFZ Geofences are the right thing to do, so I keep all firmware and databases UTD, which has become a challenge in itself.

The amount of button pushes I have to go through just to get off the ground now has put a damper on my hobby and frustrated me to the point of posting my first post. Anyone educated in aviation knew this day was coming, especially when Sams Club put them on shelves.

I kinda miss the days when I hung out on a bluff in SoCal with a bunch of other like minded guys flying balsa wood RC gliders respecting the rules, limitations and what Mother Nature gave us to harness. It was a quiet, beautiful site. But, there’s probably some kid now a mile away with a drone he got for Xmas attacking an old dudes glider he spent months building.

These “kids” have driven me to quit reading these forums. I just can’t take one more thread about someone that didn’t do their homework and thinks they are entitled to restitution. Thanks in part to them here I am with 4 bricks.

Rant over

Last edited:
Reactions: slkfis
I would not call them bricks unless it is incapable of flying.
If you are able to fly it outside the blue zone it is not a brick.
I rarely fly mine around the house since there is not much to enjoy in a subdivision. I drive outside the city to fly, where there is no people and I can have my peace.

Reactions: pixl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11