DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

40 years old and feeling like a little kid on Christmas morning.

dakaunman

Reactions
Just picked up my first drone last night after many hours of research and reading through this forum. Want to thank all of you that contribute. The wealth of information is invaluable. I have successfully had my bird in the sky and so far the newest FW hasn't plagued my air like it has many others. Looking forward to being part of the community! Feeling like a giant kid today!

Just picked up my first drone last night after many hours of research and reading through this forum. Want to thank all of you that contribute. The wealth of information is invaluable. I have successfully had my bird in the sky and so far the newest FW hasn't plagued my air like it has many others. Looking forward to being part of the community! Feeling like a giant kid today!
Howdy from Wyoming @dakaunman , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Yeah they are amazing and make you feel young again, especially that feeling you had as a kid that you were doing something dangerous with repercussions, I still look over my shoulder every now and then when flying.

Reactions: dakaunman
The little kid inside this 46 year old was thrilled to take control of his first remote controlled vehicle (friends had RC cars and I was always jealous of them), but the 46 year is also fearful of losing control or crashing this remote controlled vehicle. Hopefully with more flight time, this latter feeling will go away.

The little kid inside this 46 year old was thrilled to take control of his first remote controlled vehicle (friends had RC cars and I was always jealous of them), but the 46 year is also fearful of losing control or crashing this remote controlled vehicle. Hopefully with more flight time, this latter feeling will go away.

Yes, to truly enjoy the flying bit, and get the best out of it you need to trust the technology which will take a bit of time. As long as you’re reasonably careful and stay high, it’s almost infallible.

It’s threads and post like this that make me happy to help.

I hear you, 57 here, going on a month now with the air and having fun. Just booked flights for 6 weeks in Bali so out just about every day, working on getting smooth.

Received mine for my 50th Birthday, one of the best birthdays that I can remember. My three sons and their wife/girlfriends came over to play. We had bought my 28 year old a Spark for Christmas and starting dreaming of my own every since. He was jealous flying the Pro and I felt like the kid on the block with a new toy. Enjoy hearing of others and there experiences.

Received mine for my 50th Birthday, one of the best birthdays that I can remember. My three sons and their wife/girlfriends came over to play. We had bought my 28 year old a Spark for Christmas and starting dreaming of my own every since. He was jealous flying the Pro and I felt like the kid on the block with a new toy. Enjoy hearing of others and there experiences.
Newbi here, 48 in a week. Got my MA a month ago. Lots of research and wained between MPP and MA. Have a friend with a MPP and he suggested I go with the Air. So I did and I've been thrilled. My dad has been a private pilot my whole life and we have flown around the USA mostly CA since I was a kid. He will be 81 in July and when we get together he asks me, "are you going to bring your drone"? He is as excited as I am. He doesn't fly anymore but, he will take the controls of my MA soon and I feel like I'm now getting the feeling he had when he took me flying. I know it's not the same but, it's close.

Was feeling the same way but quickly getting comfortable with it. Spent the fist few flights just enjoying flying it around and never even looked at the camera stuff. Took my first video this weekend and realizing that I need more time getting all of it down to produce good video. Love playing with this bird though!

I let my father fly my MA a few times now, and I got the same impression from him. He was stunned how good it was and how far technology has come in the RC/drone world (and frankly, I am too even at half his age). Enjoy your new 'toy'!

Glad I'm not the only one LOL

I took delivery of my first drone today (Mavic Air) and was stoked to get it up and running. However I found I was super nervous to the point of jittery when handling the controls, even though I know this machine is so advanced. Scared the bejesus out of me when I selected Pinpoint Home position on takeoff and it went above 4 feet (later I read it purposely goes higher in this mode). I haven't gone above 75ft high and 125ft away yet as I my mind still doesn't trust it going that far away, even though we all know it will.

Oh well, so much to learn. Oh and I'm 40 as well.

I was 71 when I got the DJI P3S then 3 months later the MAVIC Pro. The feeling is generally universal. Gave up my motorbike and fell in love with flying and aerial photography

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000