DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$450 RC Pro?

RocketBrew

Reactions
Depending on your situation, this might be a deal - if you can sell the Air 2S with your standard remote. Myself; not that motivated to hassle reselling the drone...

$1,749​
DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo Drone with RC Pro Remote Controller
$1,299​
DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo Drone
$450​

1639887148054.png

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I was very tempted however : That RC Pro will not work with the M3 only the Air 2S , so not so nice and should explain the Price point.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain. Land on the Water.
How so?
The separately sold RC Pro is designed to work with both the M3 and the Air 2S.
Are you suggesting there are now two versions of the RC Pro?
Where does it state that it is incompatible with the M3?

How so?
The RC Pro is designed to work with both the M3 and the Air 2S.
There was a post with someone that talked with DJI Mod and they stated that the RC that comes in that bundle will not work with any other drone other than the Air 2S . This is why the price and not $1100 . That is all it got on that as i was tempted to get it.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
There was a post with someone that talked with DJI Mod and they stated that the RC that comes in that bundle will not work with any other drone other than the Air 2S . This is why the price and not $1100 . That is all it got on that as i was tempted to get it.
I'm suspicious of everything around this deal, but the hardware itself has to be identical, since the separately sold $1200 RC Pro is compatible with both, and the expense is in the hardware, not the FW. Even though will not work out of the box as currently sold, it would be a minor FW update/tweak/hack to make it compatible. Maybe just update the FW when you get it? Hmmm...

"Unfortunately, at the current moment the DJI RC Pro packaged with DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo Drone with RC Pro Remote Controller BH #DJMA2SFMCRCP is not compatible with the DJI Mavic 3."

Answered by Richard, B&H Staff Dec 17, 2021

Last edited:
There was a post in the DJI Facebook group that you can install firmware for either aircraft, you just can’t switch between aircraft without reinstalling the firmware for each model.

How so?
The separately sold RC Pro is designed to work with both the M3 and the Air 2S.
Where does it state that it is incompatible with the M3?
That's what I thought too. DJI makes everything so confusing and you have to check every component for cross compatibility, many of which are very limited in product compatibility... except oddly enough, for the standard controller that they use for the Mini2, Air2, Air2s and now the M3. You would think that when the cost of a smart controller is a separate $800 they would (ethically) do all they can to allow it to move forward to the next upgraded product- or at least allow for a generous trade-in that would be forwards and backwards compatibile?

For a company that acquired Hasselblad and uses the Hasselblad name to promote their products, I find it ironic that one of Victor Hasselblad's inconic pledges, until they had to go digital, was that all bodies and backs and lenses and most accessories would be backwards and forward compatible with every Hasselblad camera system starting with the 500c in 1957.

I'm suspicious of everything around this deal, but the hardware itself has to be identical, since the separately sold $1200 RC Pro is compatible with both, and the expense is in the hardware, not the FW. Even though will not work out of the box as currently sold, it would be a minor FW update/tweak/hack to make it compatible. Maybe just update the FW when you get it? Hmmm...

"Unfortunately, at the current moment the DJI RC Pro packaged with DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo Drone with RC Pro Remote Controller BH #DJMA2SFMCRCP is not compatible with the DJI Mavic 3."

Answered by Richard, B&H Staff Dec 17, 2021
If they release that software an I paid $ 1100 and everyone else got it for $ 400 , I would be pretty sad. Just not sure DJI can pull that off as there would be some Mayhem . So i am thinking that the Restrictions stay in place. Or you have to download firmware each and every time which is doable but I cannot confirm that yet.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

If they release that software an I paid $ 1100 and everyone else got it for $ 400 , I would be pretty sad. Just not sure DJI can pull that off as there would be some Mayhem . So i am thinking that the Restrictions stay in place. Or you have to download firmware each and every time which is doable but I cannot confirm that yet.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I don't know Phantom. But I find the business model quite the load of 💩 either way. I'm hoping that Autel comes out with something awesome with an EVO III that will compete well with and not follow DJI's M3 structure.

• Haha
There was a post in the DJI Facebook group that you can install firmware for either aircraft, you just can’t switch between aircraft without reinstalling the firmware for each model.
If that is the case, just buy the Air2S Combo RC Pro deal for $1750, sell off the Air 2S combo with the original Mavic3 RC-N1 controller for $1300, and install the Mavic 3 FW onto the Air 2S included RC Pro, and save the $750 over paying $1200 for the RC Pro separately!

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Assuming that the FW is mutually exclusive, and either FW version is installable at any time on the RC Pro, that gets you the deal you want!

It could also be argued the DJI is selling the Air 2S Combo with the RC Pro as the gateway drug to the Mavic 3. Air 2S is a fairly decent backup aircraft to a Mavic 3, and once you already have the RC Pro and enjoy using it, buying the Mavic 3 Combo is a much easier upgrade to add onto your kit, saving $1200 over buying the RC Pro separately, or buying it in a $5,000 Cine Kit. Consider that swapping drones with the RC Pro is similar to swapping cameras on the Mavic 2 drone between the M2P camera and the M2Z camera. Here it is a FW swap on the RC Pro instead of a physical swap of cameras on the Mavic 2. Clever!

Assuming that the FW is mutually exclusive, and either FW version is installable at any time on the RC Pro, that gets you the deal you want!
Yes ! but I cannot get any confirmation on that yet. The Gateway makes a lot of sense but than again leaving the Pano out on the M3 made no sense to me . lol

Yes ! but I cannot get any confirmation on that yet. The Gateway makes a lot of sense but than again leaving the Pano out on the M3 made no sense to me . lol
We'll soon get more clarity on this entire RC Pro duality.

My understanding/ardent hope is that the 360° Pano mode on the Mavic 3 is part of the January update that is still coming. May be taking longer to implement due to the complete change in cameras to Micro 4/3, especially since DJI likes to include in camera stitching, as well. DJI could also include the capability to use either camera for the Panos, along with super resolution 360° panos using some of the zoom.

For me, the primary use of the Mavic 3 extended flight time was intended for more 360° panos along the way, even at only M2P resolution! I also saw a Pano section on the RC Pro display in a video on the new Fly update for the Mavic 3 after the FW updates to the aircraft. The guy never clicked on it, but it was there. If he had clicked on it, most likely, it would say, "coming soon!"

That would be a nice treat if that is the case, and you might be right about 1 more update coming in January as they need it to solve a few more hit or miss bugs going on.

Curious have you noticed it takes longer to gain Sats and home point than the Air2S ?

That would be a nice treat if that is the case, and you might be right about 1 more update coming in January as they need it to solve a few more hit or miss bugs going on.

Curious have you noticed it takes longer to gain Sats and home point than the Air2S ?
I did notice on my last flight that the home point acquisition on the RC Pro took longer than I expected. Could be another tweaking needed in the next update, along with Panos. I see no reason to exclude automated panos from the Mavic 3. On the 360° panos, we even have more real estate with a 35° upward tilt of the gimbal, meaning less sky needs to be cloned in. Several of my 360° panos on the M2P between tall buildings have been ruined because the 360° pano stitch doesn't include the full 30° elevation of the gimbal. It only uses 12° of it, so the tops of the buildings that I could see in 30° elevation of the gimbal before shooting the pano became a mushy blur in the cloning of the ceiling, where the upper 18° containing the building tops were! Manual stitching can't fix it, because it wasn't in the original 26 photos. Only manual reshooting of the 360° would fix it from that position, or going back (often difficult or impossible), and reshooting it from higher up, where the tops of the buildings were included in a 12° upward gimbal tilt. Live and learn!

• Wow

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661