DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4HAWKS range extender for Mavic Air questions

SeKrit

Reactions
Happy new year everyone I have a couple questions for anyone who has installed a range extender. When doing the mod I noticed my MA controller was a little different then the videos of people showing how to do the mod. The difference was the internal attenna in the remote. All the videos I watched showed the internal attenna being peeled off, however mine was held on with small ribbon bracket.
Also I took apart the range extender to see what it was made of, I will post pictures. Really surprised how simple it was made.

SeKrit

IMG_0034.JPGIMG_0035.JPGIMG_0036.JPGIMG_0037.JPGIMG_0039.JPG

Well I just watched the titan drone mod. I am guessing that DJI changed the internal attenna on the controllers. Older videos of the mod show a attenna that is sticky, newer videos show the attenna looking like picture posted here. IMG_0057.JPG

The 4hawks video doesn’t show the Mavic Air controller, I think they show the Spark one from memory. They are slightly different internally, which confused me as well. I’d suggest combining the Titans mod video with the 4hawks video to properly install this antenna!

Reactions: SeKrit
I installed this using a different video from the 4hawks one due to the controller being different. Easy install with patience.

OT: not much inside that controller. I think the$8 parabolic works the same. 4hawks just looks cooler.

Reactions: ABHIII
The 4hawks video doesn’t show the Mavic Air controller, I think they show the Spark one from memory. They are slightly different internally, which confused me as well. I’d suggest combining the Titans mod video with the 4hawks video to properly install this antenna!
Thanks for your advise on this. I followed what you said and watched the Titan video for break down and reassembly. I watched the 4hawks one for how to turn the nuts on the leads. lol. Cheers mate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki