DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4hawks

Look at the environment you know what I meant....so I am happy with 4Hawks Raptor SR. Worth it!
And before that I installed ITElite DBS SPARKWAVE DUO which worse than stock antennas. I returned it and got the 4hawks.

thats the main reason i want to invest into a 4hawks set up, its not to fly 10 million miles where i can't see it. but to give zero issues with connectivity regardless of where I'm flying, gain that confidence over tricky flying areas (residential types, water, trees)

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
My SR isn't working, either. Does it matter which of the poles the left and right *internal* sma cables attach to inside the controller? Does it matter which pole of the antenna the external, coax cables attach to?

Not sure about the SR, but have watched Titan installation video on the MP controller and the antennas do have to be set up "left and right". The circuit board has left and right labels on it.

Reactions: Burning Packs
thats the main reason i want to invest into a 4hawks set up, its not to fly 10 million miles where i can't see it. but to give zero issues with connectivity regardless of where I'm flying, gain that confidence over tricky flying areas (residential types, water, trees)

My thought also... any better connection is a good thing.

Look at the environment you know what I meant....so I am happy with 4Hawks Raptor SR. Worth it!
And before that I installed ITElite DBS SPARKWAVE DUO which worse than stock antennas. I returned it and got the 4hawks.
a65836b877191d8493e2fe7db81400d3.jpg

Got it thanks for the pic.

I just went down to the feild got out to 8000’ with no video loss. I still had 3 bars but decided to turn around due to high winds and some drizzle. I’ll have to wait for a better day to see if it will pass the advertised 2.5 mile mark. Wish I had tried that before with stock antennas so I have a base line.

I
Got it thanks for the pic.

I just went down to the feild got out to 8000’ with no video loss. I still had 3 bars but decided to turn around due to high winds and some drizzle. I’ll have to wait for a better day to see if it will pass the advertised 2.5 mile mark. Wish I had tried that before with stock antennas so I have a base line.
It would have been less lol

And heaven forbid you're in an area with signals

Since my 4hawks setup is essentially in the mail, I'm curious ,does it use more battery power than normal? Anyone experiencing fast drain times with it? Thanks

Edison Bridge Run with the 4Hawks SR. The SR is compact and it's range already exceeded the MP battery capacity. My flight range here is about 3.5 miles and there's still 3/5 bars controller signal.

I have the sr and the xr on separate remotes both boosted . Thinking about selling the sr with remote . I just don't need both . I might just sell the sr antenna by itself . I've never run out of signal on either one , 2 miles is nothing

I installed an SR on my MA controller. I did a test yesterday, keeping the MA local, just to make sure it works. I got interference. I opened it up and saw the right antenna lead had pulled away from the connector base. Continuity test confirmed the sheild had opened. I have a replacement and installed it. I think what happened was when I tightened the external lead onto it, it turned and stripped. I made sure to position the internal wire for less stress and tightened them up agains the chassis. I also put a line on the external connector so I can tell if they turn at any time.

Did a test today and went out about 180m and got a radio disconnect warning. I realized I had the antenna pointed almost straight up. The MA was up 30m and out 180m so I didn't have it pointed at it. This was only the 2nd flight with the SR - I am not used to keeping the antenna pointed at the MA. I will have to practice that and test again soon. I want to ensure its working ok before I take it on a trip the end of next week.

Reactions: mad monkey
UPDATE: Removed the 4Hawks from my controller and sending it back. It has a broken wire in the antenna. Also I do not believe the 4Hawks will help with signal penetration through solids (eg. trees, etc). It might be good for air but that's not my use-case. Also, I wouldn't trust it in general, they seem to be poorly made and the internal wiring is so mickey mouse its not funny - the ultra thin coax shield can so easily break and you won't know it until you can't get your drone back. Nope, not for me. Stock antennas are better in my use-case which typically involves flying around and above trees. So I get it, its good for VLOS long distances, if that's your thing, but not in general to get a stronger signal to the drone.

UPDATE: Removed the 4Hawks from my controller and sending it back. It has a broken wire in the antenna. Also I do not believe the 4Hawks will help with signal penetration through solids (eg. trees, etc). It might be good for air but that's not my use-case. Also, I wouldn't trust it in general, they seem to be poorly made and the internal wiring is so mickey mouse its not funny - the ultra thin coax shield can so easily break and you won't know it until you can't get your drone back. Nope, not for me. Stock antennas are better in my use-case which typically involves flying around and above trees. So I get it, its good for VLOS long distances, if that's your thing, but not in general to get a stronger signal to the drone.
I've seen lots of reports of people using it in urban environments and getting better steady signal without interruptions I think you got a dud which can happen when things are mass produced. I'd try again

Maybe. Not trying again. It's not worth it and I wont trust my MA to it based on the quality issues I've seen. There are so many "distance queens" on the internet that I can't trust anything they say since distance seems to be akin to phalus size to a lot of people. I've read that when it comes to physical obstructions, wifi signals won't benefit as greatly from directional signals - that typically directional antennas work best only through air (or vacuum). This matches my experience and so I am going to go with that. Thanks though.

You say you don’t think it will help with signal penatration through trees, etc and that’s what you need. So why did you buy it in the first place? Seems unfair to the seller since you never intended to keep it.

Versatility is the reason I bought a modded controller and kept my stock.. I Havnt tested the new one yet since its on route. I'll let you know how it does honestly

You say you don’t think it will help with signal penatration through trees, etc and that’s what you need. So why did you buy it in the first place? Seems unfair to the seller since you never intended to keep it.

Your last comment is incorrect: I intended to keep it on the off-chance that it would help a bit in those obstructed scenarios. I have yet to see conclusive evidence about the efficacy of it through obstructions vs not. Some say it makes a difference, some say it doesn't. So I figured it wouldn't hurt, compared to stock, and might be better in those cases. But at least would be better for VLOS flights.

Howeve the broken wire (or whatever it is inside) is a deal-breaker. I can't trust my MA to that. Not not mention this was the 2nd unit sent to me because the first one was the completely wrong model. I've taken the controller apart now 3 times. So I'm done with it. I could have asked for a replacement but that would require more shipping back and forth. To me, it's not worth it so I decided to bail on 4Hawks.

I dont know what you mean by "the antenna panel". I had to open the whole thing up and disasseble it to install and remove the 4Hawks. I didnt see any other way to do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake