DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4k Quick Shots - No 4k option?

SabrToothSqrl

Reactions
Took some great videos yesterday, but came home to discover my quick shot spiral, which I love, is not in 4k.
I checked and this shows it can do it in 4k, but I'm not finding the option, even after going through the exact same steps... (not my video, just one I found that covers the topic).

To test I put the drone in the air, selected quick shots spiral, and tapped the 3 dots. I have all the other options, just no slider for "resolution".
I am able to video in 4k no problem.

This sceen grab is from his video, I have to go back out to get a screen shot of mine, but I'll get it today.

Any ideas?

thanks!

I also use H265 as my default/normal. Any reason not to?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-21 How to Shoot 4k Quickshots.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-21 How to Shoot 4k Quickshots.png
    409.7 KB · Views: 12
FWIW, it looks like DJI also removed the ability to video in anything other than 4K now. I can't film in 1080 or 2.7 in the app...

Newest app, newest firmware. So, now you're forced to do 4k, but can't do 4k for quickshots..? Did I miss a setting? I'm fine always filming 4k, but would also like 4k for quickshots...

Thanks!

Attachments

• 0F888864-ACFE-4E5A-B121-6EAB90A5946F.jpeg
    0F888864-ACFE-4E5A-B121-6EAB90A5946F.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Well, according to DJI I'm the first to report the lack of resolution options with the newest iOS app. Lucky me. Apparently they are now working on it. So if you have an iPhone, DO NOT get the newest DJI Fly app, unless you want to lose the ability to film in anything other than 4k 30fps...

i have no resolution options anywhere in the app... ugh.

ok, i was able to get that to work, and can now select options again for filming. thank you.

Still, the option looks like it used to exist under quickshots to film 4k. now it's missing as well... But I'll play with it some more as well.

Ok, after you hit quickshot, you can adjust it just by tapping the RES&FPS at the bottom from the options that then show up.

thanks!!! Case Closed! Just wish I knew that before getting some shots. At least I know now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada