DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5.5" owners, any regrets with screen size?

tibook

Reactions
I'm getting a 7.85" for the I2, but considering the 5.5" for my Mavic. It'll be on a the RC with a Cyclone, so its not like compactness is the name of the game here. I've been using a mini 4 with it, and a 9.7" Pro with my I2. So I just have no experience with a 5.5" screen.

Reactions: henry3063
I've been using my 5.5" CS on the Spark and Mavic quite a bit over the last week flying from a boat and it's been great. Have really had no brightness issues and with the 1000-nit brightness and would say the smaller display does the job. My iPhone 6 Plus has been hard to see and I believe that is a 5.5" display but the additional brightness of the CS is a big plus over the iPhone.

Also highly recommend MavMount with the CrystalSky when mounting to the Mavic. Very high quality, sturdy, well-balanced mounting solution.

Buy CrystalSky 5.5" Monitor - IN STOCK
Buy MavMount CrystalSky and Tablet Mount - IN STOCK

MavMount-CS-1.jpg

Any questions give us a shout. Safe flying! :cool:

I’m interested in learning if anyone is using the 7 inch screen with the Mavic Pro? I’d think the weight and balance might be a factor. The larger screen is an attractive option and not that much more than the 5 inch.

I don’t know also if there are mounts available for this yet. Perhaps mavmount is working on one?

I’m interested in learning if anyone is using the 7 inch screen with the Mavic Pro? I’d think the weight and balance might be a factor. The larger screen is an attractive option and not that much more than the 5 inch.

I don’t know also if there are mounts available for this yet. Perhaps mavmount is working on one?

Yes, have flown a fair amount with the 7.85 on Mavic (using MavMount, works fine with 5.5 and 7.85). The 5.5 has been much more ideal when mounting to the Mavic and Spark RC, 7.85 gets pretty top heavy with the RC and unless using a good short lanyard you're fighting the weight with your three fingers gripping the back of the remote on each side and is not all that comfortable.

Initially, out of the box I was surprised at how close the 5.5 CrystalSky Monitor was in size to my iPhone 7. After having used the 5.5 CS for six weeks, and with a solid startup routine, I would NEVER go back to the iPhone. The screen has enough of an increase in real estate, compared to the iPhone, that it is MUCH easier to SEE what you're really getting on video. For the Mavic controller, the 5.5 screen balances well ergonomically and the brightness is amazing. No regrets with the 5.5 CrystalSky Monitor, none!

Reactions: Advexure
Initially, out of the box I was surprised at how close the 5.5 CrystalSky Monitor was in size to my iPhone 7. After having used the 5.5 CS for six weeks, and with a solid startup routine, I would NEVER go back to the iPhone. The screen has enough of an increase in real estate, compared to the iPhone, that it is MUCH easier to SEE what you're really getting on video. For the Mavic controller, the 5.5 screen balances well ergonomically and the brightness is amazing. No regrets with the 5.5 CrystalSky Monitor, none!

Very well said, couldn't agree more. Exactly my findings through many hours of flight time with the Mavic and CS 5.5". A lot of people see the screen at 5.5" similar to an iPhone 6 or 7 Plus but the brightness makes a screen of that size a much better experience. Safe flying! :cool:

Reactions: MMP
I bought the 5 inch today from Adevexure. Should be her with the mavmount in a few days.
Now I gotta find a place to fly!

Reactions: Aerial West
Only issue I have with my CS is when I hook it up to the controller it shows its recharging. Haven't figured out how to change that yet.

I bought the 5 inch today from Adevexure. Should be her with the mavmount in a few days.
Now I gotta find a place to fly!

I have found working with the CrystalSky requires a specific startup routine in order to avoid the dreaded "disconnected" message. So, I thought I would share the steps in the hopes of avoiding some of the frustration I encountered initially with the device.

• Power on Remote Control - check sport mode switch is OFF
  • Power on Mavic
  • Power on CrystalSky Monitor - Be sure the CS is NOT CONNECTED to the remote control via the USB port at this time
  • Turn DJI Go 4 app on CrystalSky Monitor
  • Connect USB cable from RC to CrystalSky Monitor
  • Confirm "Ready to Fly" and Video feed display from Mavic on CrystalSky Monitor
Hope this helps and enjoy that bright shiny new Monitor!

Reactions: Forestjim
I have found working with the CrystalSky requires a specific startup routine in order to avoid the dreaded "disconnected" message. So, I thought I would share the steps in the hopes of avoiding some of the frustration I encountered initially with the device.

• Power on Remote Control - check sport mode switch is OFF
  • Power on Mavic
  • Power on CrystalSky Monitor - Be sure the CS is NOT CONNECTED to the remote control via the USB port at this time
  • Turn DJI Go 4 app on CrystalSky Monitor
  • Connect USB cable from RC to CrystalSky Monitor
  • Confirm "Ready to Fly" and Video feed display from Mavic on CrystalSky Monitor
Hope this helps and enjoy that bright shiny new Monitor!

Not had any disconnected messages at all and I change my start up routine all the time

Reactions: perry081064

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair