DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

69 yr old newbie

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to our forum, from Texas!

You'll find that both the Mini almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually. The Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days--you get those in Florida--, it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual, and practice using "Find My Drone".
Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have several fellow Floridians among our membership, and over 120,000 more from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/20200212/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi... from the Democratic Peoples Republic of Illinois. This is a great place to hang out. Age has nothing to do with this. It sounds like you're getting some formal help, so good for you! As said earlier, the Mini can just about fly itself which can lead to overconfidence. Just go slow at first until the stick movement become more automatic to make the Mini do what you want and you know how it will respond.

Greating back to you from the shores of Lake Erie. Welcome to the hobby. Warning...it is contagious and very enjoyable....LOL. I will be 69 in December and the hobby has grown into owning 7 drones. The technology of these drones blows me away. I also took the Part 107 exam figuring that it is part of the hobby experience. Passed with a 96. Love to fly and take photos/videos. Enjoy and stay young.

Welcome! 68 year old here, on my fourth Mavic and have enjoyed flying all of them. Started out with the MP, then MPZ, then the MM and now the MA2. I agree with the above regarding age. It’s not even a player in this fun hobby. Enjoy yourself, have fun, gain some confidence and just be safe. It’s easy to do something stupid (should I say fly ‘unsafe’) with these birds. Just learn as much as you can and fly safe. I’m having a blast and have gained some valuable information from this forum. Everyone here is extremely helpful here. Enjoy!

Greetings from St Augustine Florida! Just got my Mavic Mini earlier today. I've decided to enroll in drone flying 101 from pilotinstitute .com to get my bearings. I'm stoked! Looking forward to learning from and sharing with everyone here.
Greetings Veriloquent! There are plenty of us "mature" pilots in the forum. Have fun with your Mini!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147