DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 vs .1000?

I was more wondering what the pros and cons are vs each other? Any experience in using both?

Reactions: PROMOLOZO
I can't say there are any pros or cons as I don't notice any difference. Unless you are trying to hijack all the setting through the back door then I don't know what the advantage would be of not upgrading. Honestly with all the complaints on here you get from other members about one version or another not working or causing problems, I cannot speak to their issues. But as far as myself, I have always upgraded to the latest version when it came available and I have never had any problems.

Reactions: mavic6611
.700 can give you control of the drone you own. It's very stable for my Mavic.
.1000 (for the time being) cedes control of your drone to the Chinese communist self-appointed Drone Police and adds nothing useful that I've heard of.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, it's helpful to look through the eyes of others with different experiences

.1000 (for the time being) cedes control of your drone to the Chinese communist self-appointed Drone Police and adds nothing useful that I've heard of.
That's a great point. That's what sways me over to the .700 fw

LOL, Well put !

I run .700 FW and running DJI GO 4 v4.0.8, I'm a firm believer that we paid for the drone and should be able to do what we want to with it,
common sense is the keyword here, but DJI doesn't think we must have it.

Because exposure issue with firmware 1000, I'm thinking to downgrade.
900 or maybe 700
I have goggles too, and I would like to use them, so for me the question is : 700 or 900
Definitely 700 over 900. I don't think there's any benefits at all to being on 900

Reactions: JMF and iPa64
There is some change with the color mode "Normal" in firmware .1000 compared to .900
Now result are overexposed to contrasted and less saturated.
Here what I found, I will try this settings soon:

"As far as I've been able to test, d-log or d-cine haven't changed. However when shooting in normal mode, saturation has been decreased and contrast increased. That's why people who normally shoot in normal mode have noticed such change. I don't care too much about this problem as is can be fixed setting camera adjustments to 0,-2,+2 if shooting in normal or trying to record using D-cine which shows up realistic colors."

And where is your PROOF?
Or you just assume or believe what you read or hear!!

And where is your PROOF?

I believe by more control, PT_Mavic is referring to the way you can modify the flight parameters of the Mavic using the older firmware, DJI has got wise to that
fact and has removed that ability in the newer firmware releases and the latest DJI Assistant 2 software, so YES, it is true.

I have tweaked several flight parameters of my Mavic that you can't touch normally, that's why I stay as .700 firmware and will run the older DJI Assistant 2 software.

Youtube has great video's on this subject.

And where is your PROOF?
JMF, above, has it exactly right. I don't need "proof", unless you count actually using it to set up my Mavic the way I want it to be as "proof".
The changes I've made are of benefit to me and are (currently) not possible with .1000; for instance, my Auto-Takeoff height is now a childproof 7 feet rather than 4 feet.
QED

Reactions: Slayerstwin and JMF
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost