DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.800 Firmware - Sport Mode not so Sporty

Droneage52

Reactions
Is it just me or has the sport mode been calmed down. Especially the right stick going left and right. It used to be very snappy but after update it is very smooth. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?

I noticed this also, as I had learned to be soft with the sticks to avoid that horrible jerking and lurching, now I'm trying to unlearn that behavior.

.800 updated, just testing in my garden, in sport mode the Mavic is an animal when I push full left or right stick, spins like a top, noticebly slower in non sport.

Reactions: hookalakupua
check your EXP settings....the firmware updates tend ot default many of the settings. If you had them set to a custom setting, they likely got defaulted back.

Reactions: Roamer105 and Vilco
Checked maximum speed in sports mode today and it is exactly the same as was with .700 firmware. And yes, all expo settings have ben reset to defaults, so check this.

Yes, check your settings is a very good tip, every one of them, or you mingth have surprises; my camera settings were just like after a camera reset and multplie flight modes have been disabled, And distance limit disappeared too

I never adjusted my exp settings before but noted them before and after upgrade. They were different.
Before - 0.25 0.25 0.90
After - 0.25 0.90 0.25

I'll confirm this too. I haven't done the firmware update yet, but after updating the go 4 app on ios, my sport mode seemed less sporty, for lack of a better term. I didn't actually notice this until I got way out over water circling a boat and got a strange obstacle avoidance message despite having OAS turned completely off. The bird stopped, so I switched right away to sport mode to bring her home, and it was like I was in regular mode almost. Slightly faster, but even with the stick pegged she didn't move like I was used to. Could be my fault for straddling updates in the app and the firmware, but I did notice this too. And it was slightly unsettling.

I never adjusted my exp settings before but noted them before and after upgrade. They were different.
Before - 0.25 0.25 0.90
After - 0.25 0.90 0.25

Since the exp settings have no effect at full throttle, they don't play any role here...
They only influence the speed ad mid button positions.

Since the exp settings have no effect at full throttle, they don't play any role here...
They only influence the speed ad mid button positions.
I was referring to the comment about exp settings returning to 'default', it seems there is a new 'default' as my exp settings before and after the update where default but different. Also, I don't think OP even mentioned full throttle, more an overall feel of it. Would these exp settings all of a sudden changing this dramatically not change the overall feel? "Especially the right stick going left and right"?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spludge