DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro A buzzard

First thing I noticed were the wing tips turned up. Hawks and kites are usually turned down.
Regards

Reactions: jaybee2786
The bird is some type of bird of prey, Buzzards are bald so that they don't get diseases from the carrion they eat. The bird in the video has a feathered head

The bird is some type of bird of prey, Buzzards are bald so that they don't get diseases from the carrion they eat. The bird in the video has a feathered head
Yes, I agree that it is a bird of prey. Looking at it more carefully, it is definitely not a buzzard. Iiving here in Miami, we have millions of buzzards- they migrate and spend the winter here. This bird is much smaller than a buzzard anyway. I think it looks like something from the hawk family- possibly a red tailed hawk. I thought of an osprey but they have white heads. Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 9.21.44 PM.png

Perfect timing in that shot!! It looks like he was definitely checking your 2P out! Him: "What the heck is that??" :oops::oops:

That quote on the end is my attempt at saying what the buzzard was saying about your 2P.

Last edited:
Brilliant!

As whether it was a buzzard or not: in europe, we call Buteo Buteo a "Buzzard". I think they are closely related to what the US call a (Red Tail) Hawk. In the US, "Buzzard" is a nickname for a type of Vulture. A bit confusing.

Brilliant!

As whether it was a buzzard or not: in europe, we call Buteo Buteo a "Buzzard". I think they are closely related to what the US call a (Red Tail) Hawk. In the US, "Buzzard" is a nickname for a type of Vulture. A bit

Brilliant!

As whether it was a buzzard or not: in europe, we call Buteo Buteo a "Buzzard". I think they are closely related to what the US call a (Red Tail) Hawk. In the US, "Buzzard" is a nickname for a type of Vulture. A bit confusing.
It's sometimes confused with our Red kite Identifying Birds of Prey 3 | Scottish Wildlife Trust

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie