DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A car over my drone

you might want to reach out to Thunder Drones (Thunder Drones – Specializing In Dji Drones). Bob did some repairs for me and he was very reasonable
Personally, I wouldn't send it to them if you paid me. He "used" to be a member/vendor here a long time ago but he showed his true colors and character. He may do good work but he's not a good person IMHO. That's the personal opinion of Allen and not one endorsed by Mavic Pilots but I've been around long enough to be able to say I'm spot ON with that opinion.

It's also important to understand that the OP is in Italy so I would say any US repair center is out of the question anyway.

For the record, with the age of the aircraft etc I would not spend a single $$ repairing it because no telling what "hidden" damage a repair center will run into. With Mp1 (and MPP) units readily available at very fair prices you could get a replacement unit fairly easily and quickly that would work with all your existing hardware etc. Or as others have mentioned, maybe it's time for an UPGRADE to something a bit newer?

In my experience, I always ALWAYS put the aircraft in a position to where it can't be stepped on or ran over by anyone but myself. It's just too easy to be distracted and not see it on the ground until you hear that horrible "crunch". That's a tough lesson to learn and hopefully by you sharing what happened to you, others will learn and not make the same mistake.

Sorry for your issues and hope you're up and running again ASAP!!

...aaaaand there's the reason I use a bright orange folding "landing pad" and a set of orange cones when I'm taking off or landing from any surface that is likely to have traffic.

Sorry for your loss bud, but I have to say, that Mavic stood up pretty well to a ton of vehicle riding its back.
I'm still using my one and I see no good reason to change.
Hope you get back in the air soon.

When I am setting up in a parking lot for example, I never set the drone on the pavement but in the grass where cars are not.

Reactions: Cobra193
Sorry for your loss, I am still using the original Pro.

Why not try to claim on uncle's insurance

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Sometimes drones go over cars,
but sadly today something different happens.
Sorry for your loss the Mavic Pro and Pro Platinum are great drones. I have one of each. Crashed both of them. But now both are in good flying condition. I did the repairs myself.
Its not an easy job.
Can you get a battery pack in the drone and test the camera, see what alarms come up and test motors (with props off of course). If the camera and gimbal are both damaged by the time you add the price of these to the price of an upper and lower shell and two rear arm/motor assemblies you are well on the way to meeting the price of a newer generation drone. I think if either the camera, gimble or any of the electronics boards are damaged it would be less expensive to buy a new drone than send yours out for repair.

If you have successfully rebuilt a smart phone you may have the necessary skills to DIY.

If you have successfully rebuilt a smart phone you may have the necessary skills to DIY.
Reminds me of the joke about an airline captain's final instruction to the passengers moments after a successful mid-ocean ditching but with the plane listing hard to the right amid the whitecaps.

"For those of you who can swim, please move to the left side of the aircraft, and for those who cannot swim, I thank you on behalf of the crew, for flying with us today "

Reactions: Terry63
Quite unfortunate, but drones can be replaced.

That’s not advisable because that would mess with your compass. You should be launching far away from large metallic objects.

You'd be surprised how many of us launch from such items with no problems what so ever. With the amount of ALUMINUM and other composites used today in vehicles it makes it easier.

If I'm not mistaken, our very own @dirkclod routinely does this and has for a very long time.

I've launched from the top of my car and my car hood many many times with no problems or warnings from the aircraft. Ironically let me even get within a few feet of a sidewalk etc (rebar embedded in side and wire mesh as well) and all bets are off and it's going to be a plethora of compass warnings.

Reactions: dirkclod
You'd be surprised how many of us launch from such items with no problems what so ever. With the amount of ALUMINUM and other composites used today in vehicles it makes it easier.

If I'm not mistaken, our very own @dirkclod routinely does this and has for a very long time.

I've launched from the top of my car and my car hood many many times with no problems or warnings from the aircraft. Ironically let me even get within a few feet of a sidewalk etc (rebar embedded in side and wire mesh as well) and all bets are off and it's going to be a plethora of compass warnings.
Funny you mention my old takeoff/landing pad I had posted that earlier today 😀
Have one showing it would do a precision landing back in there also. 👍
Guess it just depends on the vehicle. This 90 GMC is all steel and if you look at the first you see I’m right by a logging chain.
This aluminum bed Ford I have now I can’t be near it.

Reactions: BigAl07
Sometimes drones go over cars,
but sadly today something different happens.

I was planning my photogrammetry mission on Map Pilot app.
I was concentrated on setup percentage of overlap, altitude and similar aspects,
whem my uncle approched me to ask me something with his car.

Sadly he passed over my glorious Mavic pro.

View attachment 139173

Now I'm crying...
IT'S HAPPENED TO ME. I got distracted and left my drone on the trunk of my car. Went to a quicky mart, and the drone had fallen off in the middle of the street. I realized I left it on my trunk after turning on the main rd. I did an illegal U Turn and saw it in the center of one of the lanes. Did another U-turn and pulled onto the breakdown lane next to it. Had to wave a few cars away from the lane to get the drone. I GOT LUCKY. It did get run over, but only one leg and motor got crushed. I ordered the part and replaced it myself. There are lots of wires in that leg and lots of soldering that needed to be done. But it was a learning experience.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3