DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A castle for testing Focus at Mavic Mini Litchi

raulmavic

Reactions
Hi,

I'm beta tester of Litchi for Mavic Mini. I realized Focus mode is a great improvement over standar DJI Fly app.

I tested Mavic Mini Litchi aplication Focus feature at this amazing six hundred years old castle at Spain. Prior that entering Focus mode you have to place a POI marker at map view. As soon as you start Focus, Litchi takes control of Mavic Mini yaw and Gimbal camera tilt. That way, you can slide, get closer/away, go up and down and Litchi will take care your subject is always well framed. You only have to relax and fly looking for the best point of view. Overall traking is very smooth. Take into account I'm flying almost one kilometer away. Focus setup screen allows you to decrease stick sensitivity for achieve better results.

I used a Mavic Mini CE model with FCC hack enabled. 5.8Ghz band at channel 159. Litchi beta for Android version 4.18.8 Beta-G build 3630

R.

Gracias, Raul, I saw your video on Youtube before and liked it a lot!
Do you remember what percentage you used for the "Joystick Speed Limiter"?
You used the "Default" option for "Joystick Reference" - apparently you managed very well to fly with this - but I find it confusing how to actually fly in the direction I want, when the nose always shows to the point of interest :)
Thank you!

Reactions: raulmavic
Hi,

I'm beta tester of Litchi for Mavic Mini. I realized Focus mode is a great improvement over standar DJI Fly app.

I tested Mavic Mini Litchi aplication Focus feature at this amazing six hundred years old castle at Spain. Prior that entering Focus mode you have to place a POI marker at map view. As soon as you start Focus, Litchi takes control of Mavic Mini yaw and Gimbal camera tilt. That way, you can slide, get closer/away, go up and down and Litchi will take care your subject is always well framed. You only have to relax and fly looking for the best point of view. Overall traking is very smooth. Take into account I'm flying almost one kilometer away. Focus setup screen allows you to decrease stick sensitivity for achieve better results.

I used a Mavic Mini CE model with FCC hack enabled. 5.8Ghz band at channel 159. Litchi beta for Android version 4.18.8 Beta-G build 3630

R.
Thanks for the great video,that’s just what I need for filming with my limited flying skills.?
What about your camera settings ??

Gracias, Raul, I saw your video on Youtube before and liked it a lot!
Do you remember what percentage you used for the "Joystick Speed Limiter"?
You used the "Default" option for "Joystick Reference" - apparently you managed very well to fly with this - but I find it confusing how to actually fly in the direction I want, when the nose always shows to the point of interest :)
Thank you!

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I used default 75% value for "Joystick Speed Limiter". That way I could perform very smooth movements during close encounter flight phase and full stick when far away. I didn't tested different "Joystick Reference" options. Lot of research to do !

Best regards

R.

focus settings.jpg

Reactions: Emanáku
Thanks for the great video,that’s just what I need for filming with my limited flying skills.?
What about your camera settings ??

Thanks a lot for your comments. I used default camera settings except for Exposure. I set AE to -1.

camera settings.jpg

By the way, I'll post a second video about Focus feature as soon as possible. Keep conected !

Best regards

R.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez