DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Dashware tutorial on data profiles and custom gauges

marklyn

Reactions
I really like Dashware and how you can show the various telemetry data overlaid on your video but Dashware documentation is terrible and non-existent. Their support is super poor and there's not much at all out there on the web (videos/tutorials) or general know how. So I decided to bite the bullet and hammer away at it and learn how to create custom gauges but I also had to learn how to manipulate data profiles in order to add what I wanted to see in a gauge. That being said, I've put together a document to step new Dashware users through the difficult process of creating a custom gauge.
I hope it helps someone out there make a custom gauge and they send me a purdy one :)
The instructions are specific to my stuff, a Mavic Pro using Litchi's flight log data files so everything in these instructions are specific to that but it should suffice for other DJI drones and might even carry over to other brands.
If the interest is there, I might be inclined to post more instructions as I learn more about Dashware.
The screenshot below shows the Satellites text in the middle of the screen, based on following the instructions in the attachments here.
dashware screen grab.PNG

Attachments

• Dashware.pdf
    337.9 KB · Views: 228
I really like Dashware and how you can show the various telemetry data overlaid on your video but Dashware documentation is terrible and non-existent. Their support is super poor and there's not much at all out there on the web (videos/tutorials) or general know how. So I decided to bite the bullet and hammer away at it and learn how to create custom gauges but I also had to learn how to manipulate data profiles in order to add what I wanted to see in a gauge. That being said, I've put together a document to step new Dashware users through the difficult process of creating a custom gauge.
I hope it helps someone out there make a custom gauge and they send me a purdy one :)
The instructions are specific to my stuff, a Mavic Pro using Litchi's flight log data files so everything in these instructions are specific to that but it should suffice for other DJI drones and might even carry over to other brands.
If the interest is there, I might be inclined to post more instructions as I learn more about Dashware.
The screenshot below shows the Satellites text in the middle of the screen, based on following the instructions in the attachments here.
View attachment 23957

Awesome. I’m going to give this a go too

Nice work!
As you already mentioned Dashware lacks support and a few more littlle annoying things, i switched to RaceRender. It is not free, but for me, it's the tool to use.
Here a snapshot of the gauges i use for technical flights: ;-)
RaceRenderSnap.png

Reactions: marklyn
View attachment 23957
I know it's been a while since you did Dashware with the Litchi App log file.
I have just bought a DJI Mavic Mini and using the DJI Fly App I upload the flight logs to DJI, then use an App called "Airdata UAV" to sync my logs with Airdata.com.
Once the flight logs are uploaded to Airdata you have the option to download as a CSV file.
Here is a link to one of my flights From the link above you can download the CSV file.
Please could you help make a data profile for the Mavic MIni.

Reactions: gregoryw3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki