DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

a deal-breaker?

PeteS2017

Reactions
I recently learned that the Air's controller only has one adjustment wheel rather than the Mavic Pro's two.

This would be a problem for me. I use the left wheel to adjust the gimbal and the right wheel to adjust the exposure, and I find I have to use both very often on a typical flight.

I'm not sure there's a way around this.

Is there a way to run the Pro controller on an air? Just wondering.

Reactions: kupua
I recently learned that the Air's controller only has one adjustment wheel rather than the Mavic Pro's two.

This would be a problem for me. I use the left wheel to adjust the gimbal and the right wheel to adjust the exposure, and I find I have to use both very often on a typical flight.

I'm not sure there's a way around this.
Coming from the Mavic Pro I have to say that it IS a pain popping up the on screen exposure controls and spinning the ISO/shutter speed wheels.

On the Pro I use C1 to swap between ISO and shutter speed on the right wheel so have complete control from that combination of button/wheel which is really quick to use. When testing the Air I found it quite cumbersome to use the on screen controls, especially when cold and wearing gloves (touch screen compatible ones).

As for using the Pro controller on the Air it is not possible...

Of course, many (new) users of the Air will probably just use auto exposure anyway.

Reactions: Former Member
Is there a way to run the Pro controller on an air? Just wondering.
The Mavic Air uses `Enhanced WiFI' and the Mavic Pro uses `Ocusync'. Different technologies, so I don't think they are compatible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickSilva