DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 A 'dreich' day in Glencoe - edited to correct spelling

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Today's Highland Drone footage from the final day of our recent week long trip, the iconic Glencoe, clad in cloud, cold, somewhat windy and wet - a fitting day to be leaving Scotland...

Such a large subject with so many individual highlights it is almost impossible to do justice. The video starts with footage from the River Coe at the lower end, reveals Loch Achtriochtan an the famous white cottage before ascending to view the waterfalls behind - flying up as the land rises allows me to fly the drone higher than 400ftabove me as I am still less than 400ft above the land.

Then a pano of the cloud covered peaks, and a flight up the valleys of the 3 sisters...

Not entirely happy with the footage, but it was the best I could do on the day...

It looks a really DREICH day.
Opps, my spelling at fault again then? Sorry, I am just a poor sassenach wanting to return to the home of my ancestors..

I've wished the same for the last forty odd years. Yorkshire's a fine place, but Scotland's God's Acre. Never should have left.
Hubby hails from Yorkshire, I'm from Stoke, but maternal grandfather was a Scot, and paternal line is the Home Clan... We will be moving up there, probably Sutherland / Rosshire / Speyside area, just as soon as we can - it may not be for 10 years until we retire, but I am hoping it will be much sooner...

I made this bagg for the Home clan gathering last year, it was raffled off and raised £300, currently working on another as a commission for a lady from America..
300889930_10225124418729209_7741250178534979760_n.jpg

A wee bit too isolated up north, and Speyside's a tad too expensive. I've just bought a cottage in Port William in Luce Bay so we'll be there for summers. I come from Broughty Ferry at the mouth of the Tay. Well done with the bag - looks brilliant. Look out Louis V 👜🛍

Reactions: AlbionDrones
A wee bit too isolated up north, and Speyside's a tad too expensive. I've just bought a cottage in Port William in Luce Bay so we'll be there for summers. I come from Broughty Ferry at the mouth of the Tay. Well done with the bag - looks brilliant. Look out Louis V 👜🛍
Nice, enjoy the cottage... We have friends in Tongue, so being far north wouldnt be too much of an issue, plus it means NC500 tourists to come and buy our crafts... I do leatherwork and hobby blacksmithing, hubby does woodturning and makes sticks with antler and horn handles - the plan is to supplement retirement income with making things when we finally get up there.. This is some of my works...

collage.jpg

Today's Highland Drone footage from the final day of our recent week long trip, the iconic Glencoe, clad in cloud, cold, somewhat windy and wet - a fitting day to be leaving Scotland...

Such a large subject with so many individual highlights it is almost impossible to do justice. The video starts with footage from the River Coe at the lower end, reveals Loch Achtriochtan an the famous white cottage before ascending to view the waterfalls behind - flying up as the land rises allows me to fly the drone higher than 400ftabove me as I am still less than 400ft above the land.

Then a pano of the cloud covered peaks, and a flight up the valleys of the 3 sisters...

Not entirely happy with the footage, but it was the best I could do on the day...

I Know the area from shooting stills from the ground... I need to return.

Take care of your TOAL place, NT land thereabouts, but enjoy....
Absolutely. Glencoe House and the Lochan was the site of many happy memories. If it is still the case that no permission is required, I was thinking that may be an appropriate site. Lucky enough to stay at the hotel there 3 times.

Awesome video!

Beautiful scenery and yes quite the overcast day for sure ! I shy away from speeding up my videos and will use tripod mode for slower, smoother movements. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne