DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 A sunny day in Glencoe...

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Today's Highland Drone footage from our recent holiday - taken on the way up on a stunning but cold and windy day, Glencoe...

Only short as batteries were limited, but shows the place in a diferent light to the previous Dreich day footage... One glitch at about 8 seconds in, the footage seems to jump, not sure if a glitch in the recording, a gust of wind or whatever, but flew fine afterwards and didnt re-occur...

Nice film and such beautiful scenery. May I make a very small point about your mountain work. I am absolutely not an expert and have published very few films here-some of your shots and pans could be from the opposite side of the valley with a static camera zooming or pulling out when surely, with a drone and your skills images and set ups that could only be shot by drone might make the sequences even more spectacular than they are already. As an example the shots here showing the road could only have been shot from a drone. A humble suggestion to be dismissed immediately!

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Nice film and such beautiful scenery. May I make a very small point about your mountain work. I am absolutely not an expert and have published very few films here-some of your shots and pans could be from the opposite side of the valley with a static camera zooming or pulling out when surely, with a drone and your skills images and set ups that could only be shot by drone might make the sequences even more spectacular than they are already. As an example the shots here showing the road could only have been shot from a drone. A humble suggestion to be dismissed immediately!
Thanks Twickers, the footage for this was the 7th flying spot of the day, after driving 400 miles from Manchester and it was taken at 9am, tbh I was running on fumes, and the drone battery wasn't in much better shape as all 3 batteries had flown twice before, so I had very limited flight time and 2 more locations to visit before onward travel to our cottage for a week. Totally get what you are saying, and if I hadnt been so concerned with battery life and getting the drone back on an extremely windy and cold day - some of the footage was unusable as the gimball was blown sideways for abotu 30 seconds - then I would have flown a lot differently - more like I did on the A Dreich Glencoe video -

I managed to pick up a car charger of suitable amperage the following day, which allowed me to charge the batteries between locations and alleviated the issue moving forwards, but too late for me to do anything about this footage - which was perhaps the weakest footage of the week bar the Corpach Wreck and Ben Nevis (20% battery on take off, 3 mins of flight time in very bumpy air, just about got an edit from it but not as good as I would have liked..

Don't ever think your opinion is unwanted or unwarranted, feedback of any sort - positive or negative - is very welcome, and as I am still relatively new to drone flying and video editing - got the drone in August last year - any and all feedback is valued - how can we learn and iprove if no-one tells us how we can improve...

Thanks for the post, for the words and the kind comments on my skills, they are all appreciated..

Thanks Twickers, the footage for this was the 7th flying spot of the day, after driving 400 miles from Manchester and it was taken at 9am, tbh I was running on fumes, and the drone battery wasn't in much better shape as all 3 batteries had flown twice before, so I had very limited flight time and 2 more locations to visit before onward travel to our cottage for a week. Totally get what you are saying, and if I hadnt been so concerned with battery life and getting the drone back on an extremely windy and cold day - some of the footage was unusable as the gimball was blown sideways for abotu 30 seconds - then I would have flown a lot differently - more like I did on the A Dreich Glencoe video -

I managed to pick up a car charger of suitable amperage the following day, which allowed me to charge the batteries between locations and alleviated the issue moving forwards, but too late for me to do anything about this footage - which was perhaps the weakest footage of the week bar the Corpach Wreck and Ben Nevis (20% battery on take off, 3 mins of flight time in very bumpy air, just about got an edit from it but not as good as I would have liked..

Don't ever think your opinion is unwanted or unwarranted, feedback of any sort - positive or negative - is very welcome, and as I am still relatively new to drone flying and video editing - got the drone in August last year - any and all feedback is valued - how can we learn and iprove if no-one tells us how we can improve...

Thanks for the post, for the words and the kind comments on my skills, they are all appreciated..
You are most welcome and thanks for the other film you shot-that’s brilliant. Demanding conditions up there and the skies look ominous but the whole effect is majestic. Glad you got hold of a car charger. I have noticed that you get around a lot and such a piece of kit is going to be invaluable. Keep up the good work and look forward to your next work.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
You are most welcome and thanks for the other film you shot-that’s brilliant. Demanding conditions up there and the skies look ominous but the whole effect is majestic. Glad you got hold of a car charger. I have noticed that you get around a lot and such a piece of kit is going to be invaluable. Keep up the good work and look forward to your next work.
Thanks :) And thanks again for the comments and feedback, it is always welcomed..

Reactions: twickers14
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N