DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Few Early Shots

So crispy these images. Love the last one with the shadows. makes your eyes go funny that one. Going to have to take a trip up your way some day with my MP2. I've flown off the beach at North Shore need to get inside the bar a bit more

Reactions: noosaguy
So crispy these images. Love the last one with the shadows. makes your eyes go funny that one. Going to have to take a trip up your way some day with my MP2. I've flown off the beach at North Shore need to get inside the bar a bit more
Hi DU,
Do you have any sort of permit to fly a drone? I want to do the Noosa river mouth (maybe this arvo?) but do you know if its okay to fly from the south side?
PS: I'd love to spend some time flying with you if you can make it up this way.

Hey these are really nice! Looking at that last fairway shot I'm almost ready to push the Go Button. Any way you could post a link to the full size RAW of that? Would love to have a play to see it at max resolution.

Have been looking around the web and if I wanted even more quality out of an image there is one photographer I have seen that's using the 5 or 7 shot mode and is averaging out the result to get a really clean image if noise was going to be an issue (heavy shadow detail images)

Hey these are really nice! Looking at that last fairway shot I'm almost ready to push the Go Button. Any way you could post a link to the full size RAW of that? Would love to have a play to see it at max resolution.

Have been looking around the web and if I wanted even more quality out of an image there is one photographer I have seen that's using the 5 or 7 shot mode and is averaging out the result to get a really clean image if noise was going to be an issue (heavy shadow detail images)
Thanks Bussty, this was a 5 shot RAW AEB sequence shot at 100 ISO. It probably didn't need to be because it's not the most 'contrasty' image, but there you go. The RAW image you requested is obviously a combined AEB. I will probably shoot AEB's wherever I need good DR.

Reactions: Bussty
Nice photos. This place looks like a lovely place to retire.. Actually, just in general general. Makes me want to take up golf! :p

Reactions: noosaguy
Nice photos. This place looks like a lovely place to retire.. Actually, just in general general. Makes me want to take up golf! :p
Hey thanks mate. Yep it's a great place to retire and Noosa Heads is paradise. I'm going to try and get some more shots of Noosa over the next week or so and you'll see what I mean. One of the iconic destinations in Australia.

Reactions: Mister Pink
Stunning images!! Thanks for sharing - getting a good chuckle reading the sour puss "reviews" of this machine and then pop over and see your images!! YMMV is certainly true - as well as your results may vary depending on skill, location and ability - you have all three!! ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Stunning images!! Thanks for sharing - getting a good chuckle reading the sour puss "reviews" of this machine and then pop over and see your images!! YMMV is certainly true - as well as your results may vary depending on skill, location and ability - you have all three!! ThumbswayupThumbswayup
Well what a nice thing to say. I wish it were true... ;) THANK YOU! (To be honest there is a bit of post in these images but because I shoot RAW, well, that's what I do.)

Reactions: Bussty
Hi DU,
Do you have any sort of permit to fly a drone? I want to do the Noosa river mouth (maybe this arvo?) but do you know if its okay to fly from the south side?
PS: I'd love to spend some time flying with you if you can make it up this way.
No need for any permit. I just use the 'can I fly there app' to make sure there's no controlled airfields in the area, which from memory there are no 'controlled' ones in your area.
Check out the free app if you don't already have it. Some great info there. Just need to follow the CASA rules and you'll be fine.

Here's a photo from a guy I know who's been up there recently. Perfectly legal
noosa.jpg

No need for any permit. I just use the 'can I fly there app' to make sure there's no controlled airfields in the area, which from memory there are no 'controlled' ones in your area.
Check out the free app if you don't already have it. Some great info there. Just need to follow the CASA rules and you'll be fine.

Here's a photo from a guy I know who's been up there recently. Perfectly legal
View attachment 47713

Nice shot and thanks. Yes I have the 'can I fly there' app. Without being aware of ALL the restrictions I noted that a few posts of flights over Noosa originated from the North Shore and not the south side. I don't want any trouble.

Nice shot and thanks. Yes I have the 'can I fly there' app. Without being aware of ALL the restrictions I noted that a few posts of flights over Noosa originated from the North Shore and not the south side. I don't want any trouble.
Legally you'll be fine. I try and stay away from anyone when flying. I'm just the sort of person who likes to find a quiet spot and want to be left alone. As long as you follow common sense you'll be fine. You do get the odd idiot trying to make your life difficult but I found wearing a fluro vest seems to keep people from bothering you. The guy who took this I think launches from the little bit in the middle of the photo during the week. (Obviously not this week as it probably mayhem in Noosa this week :) ) He says no one is around.

Legally you'll be fine. I try and stay away from anyone when flying. I'm just the sort of person who likes to find a quiet spot and want to be left alone. As long as you follow common sense you'll be fine. You do get the odd idiot trying to make your life difficult but I found wearing a fluro vest seems to keep people from bothering you. The guy who took this I think launches from the little bit in the middle of the photo during the week. (Obviously not this week as it probably mayhem in Noosa this week :) ) He says no one is around.
Bloody hell, I never thought a fluro vest would become a drone accessory. Sounds like a good idea though. Thanks for your help once again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+