DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 A Few Images from Montana today

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
In Montana, there is a stunning picture in every direction. Here are a few. I am working my way through the videos.

Attachments

• 7-22-2022-Small-pond-Spanish Peaks.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 7-22-2022-Spanish Peaks Panorama 4 frames.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • Spanish Peaks.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
very nice. Some very beautiful medium sized hills for such a small state. :) (totally joking...). Nice images...great composition. If I might...I would suggest controlling the color temp as the middle one seemed spot on but varied so much from the other two. Nicely done. Contrats on simply living in a beautiful place.

very nice. Some very beautiful medium sized hills for such a small state. :) (totally joking...). Nice images...great composition. If I might...I would suggest controlling the color temp as the middle one seemed spot on but varied so much from the other two. Nicely done. Contrats on simply living in a beautiful place.
Thanks AKdrone for the comments. I can go back and re-think the color balance of the images.Perhaps too much on the warm side.

I wish I did live in Montana- we have been vacationing here in the Big Sky area for 25 years, along with trips to other western states, and at least 5 two week fishing trips to Bristol Bay Lodge, AK. The beauty of both states is comparable. The highest hill we have in Miami is the garbage dump. Other than that, it's about as sea level as you even get.

Dale
Miami

Oh yeah...Miami...where overpasses count at hills :). I have relatives there. Never have made it down...except once in college on my way to Jamaica for spring break. Bristol Bay Lodge. That's some hoity-toity nice digs :). The other thing I'll mention if I may be so bold is the third image was over exposed. If you shoot RAW you can generally bring back dark areas but over blow clouds that show up a flat white sections in the final image, can't be fixed. They end up as flat white patches. Using the histogram and ensuring no area is overexposed is typically a good thing Sometimes the dynamic range is just too great and you want details in the shadows too and in that case you either blow out the highlights or shoot AEB. I nearly always shoot AEB if there are clouds and use Aurora HDR to create a final image. Works wonders. In any case, beautiful images. Condolences on Miami. (again with the joke)

Oh yeah...Miami...where overpasses count at hills :). I have relatives there. Never have made it down...except once in college on my way to Jamaica for spring break. Bristol Bay Lodge. That's some hoity-toity nice digs :). The other thing I'll mention if I may be so bold is the third image was over exposed. If you shoot RAW you can generally bring back dark areas but over blow clouds that show up a flat white sections in the final image, can't be fixed. They end up as flat white patches. Using the histogram and ensuring no area is overexposed is typically a good thing Sometimes the dynamic range is just too great and you want details in the shadows too and in that case you either blow out the highlights or shoot AEB. I nearly always shoot AEB if there are clouds and use Aurora HDR to create a final image. Works wonders. In any case, beautiful images. Condolences on Miami. (again with the joke)
Yes-Bristol Bay Lodge did attract the high end crowd. The costs went up to the point that we had to finally bail out and we switched to another high end lodge in Colorado. (Elk Creek Lodge) where we had guided trout fishing and private rivers for 5 years.

No need for condolences for Miami. Half of the country is moving there to escape the woke and the high taxes not to mention the fabulous weather. We have a government that still believes in freedom.

I moved here (Coral Gables) from Chicago for fellowship training in neuro-ophthalmology at the world famous Bascom Palmer Eye Institute and decided not to return to Chicago...a good choice as it turns out.

I shoot only RAW and edit everything I like in Photoshop. I have he histogram on my screen and shoot to the right.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB