DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A few questions on the Mini 2

BobbyLashley

Reactions
1) I am hearing about lots of issues with the Mini 2 pointing it's camera straight downward and it gets stuck or freezes, not smooth. How serious/common is this issue and will DJI fix it through a firmware update?

2) Mini 2's top speed in sport mode, is it fast enough?

3) Should you always land and take off the Mini 2 from your hand? I hear it is too small to take off and land on grass or dirt.

4) Has DJI mentioned anything about the Mini 2 getting D-cinelike profile?

5) How different is the normal video profile on Mini 2 compared to say D-cinelike on Air 2?

6) How much of an appeal do you think the ability to charge the Mini 2 batteries through USB-C battery packs a huge perk over any other DJI drone?

7) I hear you can't fly the Mini 2 using the Go app but it uses another one. Are the pitch and yam settings as good using the DJI Go app? Some users have said that you can't calibrate the Mini 2 gimbal as smooth as Air 2.

TIA and Happy New Thanksgiving.

1) I am hearing about lots of issues with the Mini 2 pointing it's camera straight downward and it gets stuck or freezes, not smooth. How serious/common is this issue and will DJI fix it through a firmware update?

3) Should you always land and take off the Mini 2 from your hand? I hear it is too small to take off and land on grass or dirt.

5) How different is the normal video profile on Mini 2 compared to say D-cinelike on Air 2?

6) How much of an appeal do you think the ability to charge the Mini 2 batteries through USB-C battery packs a huge perk over any other DJI drone?

7) I hear you can't fly the Mini 2 using the Go app but it uses another one. Are the pitch and yam settings as good using the DJI Go app? Some users have said that you can't calibrate the Mini 2 gimbal as smooth as Air 2.

Most of your questions are subjective or speculative, and depend more upon you and your needs than the Mini 2 or the MA2. What are your needs in a drone, or are you just writing an article about the Mini 2? If you want a comparison of the Mini 2 to the MA2, plenty of YT reviewers have provided their opinions for you to view. If you are serious, just buy the Mini 2 Fly More Kit. You can thank me later.

GG! You wrote: "2) Mini 2's top speed in sport mode, is it fast enough?" The anser is NO if you want to fly 70mph.

Reactions: BobbyLashley
My answers (I've had a MM2 for about 3 weeks)

Hasn't happened to me.

Plenty fast enough for me.

I wouldn't land on grass or dirt myself so I usually hand launch/land which is easy. If you prefer not to just get a small landing pad.

Not that I've heard.

I don't have an air 2 - but basically the mini 2 profile is going for the optimum image straight out of the camera and does a great job of that. The image is rich and saturated. There is room to grade but obviously not as much room as with a cinelike picture profile.

It's quite useful to me. Only you can say if it's useful to you.

Sorry - don't have an Air 2

Most of your questions are subjective or speculative, and depend more upon you and your needs than the Mini 2 or the MA2. What are your needs in a drone, or are you just writing an article about the Mini 2? If you want a comparison of the Mini 2 to the MA2, plenty of YT reviewers have provided their opinions for you to view. If you are serious, just buy the Mini 2 Fly More Kit. You can thank me later.
Thanks. I've seen all the videos on YouTube and I feel for my needs, I need M2P and Mini 2 but only because I feel the Mini 2 and M2P have enough of it's own benefits to justify owning both. But I will be making money with it so much different purpose here.

The Mini 2 is just so impressive for it's size.

My answers (I've had a MM2 for about 3 weeks)

Hasn't happened to me.

Plenty fast enough for me.

I wouldn't land on grass or dirt myself so I usually hand launch/land which is easy. If you prefer not to just get a small landing pad.

Not that I've heard.

I don't have an air 2 - but basically the mini 2 profile is going for the optimum image straight out of the camera and does a great job of that. The image is rich and saturated. There is room to grade but obviously not as much room as with a cinelike picture profile.

It's quite useful to me. Only you can say if it's useful to you.

Sorry - don't have an Air 2

Thanks for the feedback my friend.

Mini 2 is very impressive for sure especially for the price.

MM1, MA2 and MM2 all use the new Fly app. Functions available in the app depend on the model being flown, just as it is in the Go app. Firmware has a lot to do with it.

I can't remember if gimbal adjustments are available in the MM2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom