DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A few quick questions about Mini 4

98 SNAKE EATER

Reactions
Probably been answered, but the search function here is a bit of a labyrinth

1) Does the new RC remote have an HDMI output (or other way to view on external screen)?

2) I've seen preview videos claiming that the old Mini 3 batteries are compatible. Can we confirm this for sure?
If they are, it will be easier for me to unload my Mini 3 at a lower price.

3) Can the Mini 4 be used with any version of DJI Goggles?

Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot

I wish these HDMI outputs would put out to iPads....it's my understanding that is a hard no. I wonder about Triplek...I have one of those...

I wish these HDMI outputs would put out to iPads....it's my understanding that is a hard no. I wonder about Triplek...I have one of those...
Yes I believe both Tripltek 8 and 9 have HDMI input capabilities.

@98 SNAKE EATER just be aware, if you do use the Mini 3 pro battries in the Mini 4 pro, they are actuarly a bit heavier, than the ones that come with the Mini 4 pro ,so will take it over the 250g weight limit ,and they have slightly less capacity as well

@98 SNAKE EATER just be aware, if you do use the Mini 3 pro battries in the Mini 4 pro, they are actuarly a bit heavier, than the ones that come with the Mini 4 pro ,so will take it over the 250g weight limit ,and they have slightly less capacity as well
Wonder if that also means the new lighter more powerful Mini 4 Pro batteries will fit in the Mini 3 Pro, giving it more air time, and maybe the option to add an component which would normally take it over the 250 grams.

Reactions: old man mavic
@EyesWideShut i had a similar thought myself ,but the difference is quite small Mini 3 battery weight 80.5g ,mini 4 77.9g ,not really enought to useful the plus batteries are identical in weight for both drones

Probably been answered, but the search function here is a bit of a labyrinth

1) Does the new RC remote have an HDMI output (or other way to view on external screen)?

2) I've seen preview videos claiming that the old Mini 3 batteries are compatible. Can we confirm this for sure?
If they are, it will be easier for me to unload my Mini 3 at a lower price.

3) Can the Mini 4 be used with any version of DJI Goggles?
Knowing this just came out, I am sure DJI will release a firmware update for the DJI Goggles/2, how soon, that is anybody's guess. I just purchased my Goggles 2 in July, so really want to be able to use them with the M4P.

Last edited:
I strongly suspect that the mini 4 Pro will be compatible with the Goggles 2 soon with a FW update, in fact I'm counting on it. It's cleary not an O4 issue as the Air 3 is now compatible with the same Goggles 2. It will happen. And the Mini 3 Pro is compatible with Goggles 2.
…and hopefully the firmware update comes out in the next couple weeks or months before winter season in NA. :)

So I can connect to a monitor and still view the image on the remote at the same time?

Bummer about the Goggles

I've been waiting for that on my Mini 3
Just to clarify please, the Mini 4 RC2 controller will connect to an iPad and allow simultaneous viewing?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman