DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 A Fireworks Store on the 4th of July - Timelapse

Pretty cool.

When I was a child in Indiana, the state didn't allow fireworks other than sparklers, snakes, and smoke bombs.

Even firecrackers weren't allowed.

We had to cross the State line and smuggle back the good stuff. :D

The times have changed and the stands are everywhere you look this time of year in our state.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: Bufface
The same way in PA. My dad had to drive a car back from TX and on the way back he brought bags of fireworks. They lasted 2 years even after sharing with neighbors... :)
Now I'd like to fly my drone in and see if I could get video of the fireworks ? without get shot down. I've noticed in ground video in years past that my cellphone reacted badly to the explosions (screen sort of flickered) but I never notice it on the drone footage that is too close to the pro fireworks... ?
Maybe it was just my cell...
Anyone know if they put up a TFR for city fireworks?

Reactions: Bufface and MA2 317
Great film!!! Would you kindly give us your technique and settings, especially, the intervals? I suspect timed shots of 2second intervals, processed from DNGs.

Dale

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Great film!!! Would you kindly give us your technique and settings, especially, the intervals? I suspect timed shots of 2second intervals, processed from DNGs.

Dale

3 second interval, 1.3 second exposure time (for the motion blur). This nessecitates the use of heavy ND filters.

For most of that sequence I used ND-2000 filter while the sun was bright, then another flight I used an ND-1000, then and ND-400 as the afternoon wore on. Keeping the exposure meter as close to 0 as possible

Reactions: RMS001
Great video! I found myself chuckling through it, thinking - "I gotta get my fireworks - hurry! HAHAHA

hahaha that's awesome! A few years back a couple friends and I rode our Harleys to Beartooth pass, it was just before the 4th of July and there were fireworks stands set up in every town and along the highways. We stopped in Billings Montana and bought a crapload of stuff we can't get in Canada. Waterproof firecrackers, M-60s, and a case of these little cracker deals you throw on the ground and they make a hell of a bang lol. We stayed in Red Lodge on the 4th, the most patriotic thing I've ever seen in my life, we had a fantastic time. I smuggled a couple thousand firecrackers back into Canada. It will take a few years to set them all off lol

Reactions: Bufface and MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope