DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A little help

edonmakolli

Reactions
I just got my mavic pro platinum and i forgot to take the gimbal clamp 3 times when i turned on the drone will that affect on the gimbal right away or not and also which are the best options to costumize the 5 d button

I just got my mavic pro platinum and i forgot to take the gimbal clamp 3 times when i turned on the drone will that affect on the gimbal right away or not and also which are the best options to costumize the 5 d button
If the lock is left on, it can cause the tiny motors in the gimbal to burn out, I do not know if just the startup "dance" is enough to cause permanent damage, but I also put a strip of red tape across the lock so it was more visible. I do not know how to customize the 5D button because I find it too squirrely to use, un predictable actions for me.

Reactions: edonmakolli
I just ordered the ‘Remove before flight’ keychain. I also own the one piece option mentioned above. I prefer not to use it since the bubble cover and gimbal lock is one piece it takes more time fidgeting to squarely align the camera while trying to lower the bubble to click into position.

I think everyone has left the clamp on at least a few times. I wouldn't make a habit out of it, but I wouldn't worry about it. I've done it a couple of times on my P3 and also once on the Mavic. As per the recommendations above, I agree 100%. Put some color on it. I've heard that there is a warning in the app to "remove gimbal clamp" if you forget but I don't recall ever seeing that. The fact that there is a warning would suggest that the Mavic knows the clamp is still on and wouldn't try to force the gimbal to fight it. Maybe. On a side note, I've noticed that it's easy to make contact with the ribbon cable when the clamp doesn't go on quite right. Be very careful not to damage the cable.

Reactions: akfire
I got one of those and found it very clumsy to put on without forcing the gimbal in directions I did not want it to move, also removes the ability to fly with the gimbal cover for protection if desired.
All you have to do is tilt the Mavic forward and the camera will tilt so the clamp slides right on. And it doesn't remove the ability to fly with the cover on. You just swap one for the other.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15