DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A new low..

Thwyllo

Reactions
A quote from the UK Home Secretary today in the Guardian would seem to lump us together with people who throw acid in other people's faces...I'll be interested to see what "carrying a drone without good reason" turns out to mean.

"In the same interview on Tuesday, **** also defended stop-and-search powers amid government plans to expand their use. The home secretary, Sajid Javid, has said he wants the police to be able to stop anyone suspected of carrying acid without a good reason and for the power to be used in the cases of people carrying laser pointers or drones."

Thanks to constant media sniping it really is rapidly becoming socially unacceptable to fly drones in the UK. Unless you can find somewhere that nobody can see or hear you.

Reactions: Lrplad
I’ve just bought mine ... it’s in transit ... and after being virtually spat at on a FB group just because I posted asking for local advice and guidance from any residents and other hobbiyists ...

Polite... respectful ... what did I get...

I’d shoot you down if I had a gun !!!!

I’m already regretting the purchase and it’s not even here...

How sad

Personally, here in the US, I'd shoot your *** down, too, if you were flying low above my property (that I paid my hard earned money for), too, if I found you snooping around.....
But at 250+ feet, shoot away.... Unless you're a military sniper, good luck and it's all on me for being an ***,

Obey the law.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, here in the US, I'd shoot your a** down, too, if you were flying low above my property (that I paid my hard earned money for), too, if I found you snooping around.....
But at 250+ feet, shoot away.... Unless you're a military sniper, good luck and it's all on me for being an as*,

Obey the law.
Wow .... did you actually read my post ????

I guess not .... stick your gun back in it’s holster mate this isn’t the Wild West anymore ...

I’ll repeat ... my post was on a family local community group asking for information and guidance on best places to fly etc ...

The moron that simply said I’d shoot you down... had their post removed ... because over here in the U.K. an instant unwarranted attack is not acceptable ..

Wow... my first experience of poison on this forum and my last as I exit and leave you to wate your time goading each other.

Best of luck buddy with that attitude ... karma is a

PLEAZZZZZEE let’s not turn this into ANOTHER gun deabate! :confused:
It’s ok.... I lasted 24 hours in this forum but if that’s an acceptable attitude here...

Just another sample of why the world is so full of crap... attitudes like that who can be surprised ...

Any admins here ???? Mods ????

Kindly delete my profile

I’ve just bought mine ... it’s in transit ... and after being virtually spat at on a FB group just because I posted asking for local advice and guidance from any residents and other hobbiyists ...

Polite... respectful ... what did I get...

I’d shoot you down if I had a gun !!!!

I’m already regretting the purchase and it’s not even here...

How sad

I guess not .... stick your gun back in it’s holster mate this isn’t the Wild West anymore ...

I’ll repeat ... my post was on a family local community group asking for information and guidance on best places to fly etc ...

The moron that simply said I’d shoot you down... had their post removed ... because over here in the U.K. an instant unwarranted attack is not acceptable ..

Wow... my first experience of poison on this forum and my last as I exit and leave you to wate your time goading each other.

A few bad apples won't spoil the whole bunch.
I hope you are not quitting before you start like you are coming across as. I think if you take the time to study just a bit, you will find there are far more places you can fly than places you can not. World wide.
As for the attitude on this forum, YES there are a few outspoken ones, but to shut the textbook because you are offended by a few words in it doesn't make sense.
Give it a chance, don't read what you don't like. And, for gods sake DONT reply to the offenders, its like pouring fuel on the fire! :D

Yea i read it. I wasn't upset at you.. Just saying I'm in my right in the USA to shoot it down if you're creeping low in my property (out of city limits) .. That's all. I didn't mean to offend you in any way. Maybe that's my uneducated and idiotic knowledge right now... Remember, I'm an owner too of a mavic. Im just unaware or misunderstood of what you're saying.. .
Personally, however, I feel as if this forum is acting all high brow and un wcome if those that are learning.. I didn't say anything rude and yet you keel hauled me...

I'm sorry for being an idiot however I have done nothing illegal in mycountry and and am just trying to illicit forum communication.

This forum is unfriendly to say the least.

I've asked numerous questions and commented a number of times and recieved nothing but belittling comments and opinions. Might be a cutting edge technology but it's a below average run of the mill (Mod Removed ) forum.
I'll delete my profile this second and just comb the forum for what I want. Your personalities are a distraction

I was just commenting. You're dissolutioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 problems here.
1. People who assume the worse in others. “He got a drone, he must be up to no good”.
2. People thinking their own rights is more important than others. Your rights to own a gun doesn’t give you the right to shoot someone else’s property, just because you automatically assume the worse in them. Especially when you own a drone and think others shouldn’t.

@Lrplad Don’t know which FB group you joined, but doesn’t sound like a nice bunch. Do they own drones? I’d leave that group if I were you.

Reactions: ssvdh66
Why not just have an excuse? Have a reason for carrying your drone... like taking it home, or taking it to work.... or outside for a walk. Seems pretty easy. Worry, when you actually plan to carry acid around for no good reason. :)

I don't think it will come to that, but it does show that he sees drone users just as a dangerous nuisance like people who wave laser pointers around at night.

I'm sorry for being an idiot however I have done nothing illegal in mycountry and and am just trying to illicit forum communication.

saying you would shoot a drone down IS illegal and i wouldnt say it on a forum..
just saying.

Reactions: MaviCam and ssvdh66

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marko07