DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 A Perfect Autumn Day

If an Admin reads this can this be moved to Critc sub folder please. Thank you.

Wasn't sure whether to put this in here or critic sub folder, because I would love you feedback and thoughts, thanks:
Hi Sli-woody,
That´s waht I call an interesting drone video because it contains not only aerial shots, but also many amazing "ground-shots" ans Close up shots! It was a pleasure to watch you video Thumbswayup Good job and also the music fits!
The only criticismes: I think that there are too many wood-shots and at 3.06 I wouldn´t had made a fade out...I though that this was the end of the video! The last shot when you walk away it´s very well choosen, bravo!

sorry, my english is not perfect, because I am a german speaking Swissman!:rolleyes:
cheers Paul

Reactions: sli-woody
The composition, timing of shots (some look almost rehearsed) and foley are exceptional ...as usual.
I find pretty much every one of your projects helpful and inspiring so thanks!

Hi Sli-woody,
That´s waht I call an interesting drone video because it contains not only aerial shots, but also many amazing "ground-shots" ans Close up shots! It was a pleasure to watch you video Thumbswayup Good job and also the music fits!
The only criticismes: I think that there are too many wood-shots and at 3.06 I wouldn´t had made a fade out...I though that this was the end of the video! The last shot when you walk away it´s very well choosen, bravo!

sorry, my english is not perfect, because I am a german speaking Swissman!:rolleyes:
cheers Paul

Thank you for your thoughts and I appreciate the time you took to reply.
I try to improve my videos by the feedback received, so thank you so much.

The composition, timing of shots (some look almost rehearsed) and foley are exceptional ...as usual.
I find pretty much every one of your projects helpful and inspiring so thanks!

Hey Randy, good to see you!
If someone says my work inspires them, that's the best compliment I can receive!

Reactions: G Randy Brown
My first piece of advice is to improve your video title/theme, possibly by adding the location. For example “Autumn in Chicago” or “Autumn in California”, etc. That helps the view connect with your video and will attract more viewers (including via more search results).

My second piece of advice is to SPEED UP the video by
1. Removing the duplicated footage (eg you have 30-40 secs of flying over the tree tops)
2. Reducing the actionless clips from 10-15 seconds each to 2-4 seconds each. This keeps the viewer engaged, rather than changing the channel. “Always leave them wanting more” rather than overstaying your welcome (with every clip).

Keep in mind, if a viewer likes your video and wants more, they will simple watch it a second time.

Very well done overall!
My comments are as follows:
Pros: sound track, mix of music and actual sound. Especially liked the rowing sound.
Mix of subjects, trees, people, rowers, birds.
Mix of aerial and ground shots.
Cons: tree shots too long and uninspired.
Cut the entire video , quicker scene changes less time on most scenes
Add a couple more clips with people, for better interest

Thoroughly enjoyed watching this. The sound mix, the music choice, the mix of ground and aerial, all really good. Thought the opening sequence of forest flyover clips might be a bit longish.

Not sure there is a formula that's perfect, so much is subjective. I always learn from watching other's videos and reading viewers critiques. This was no exception. Thanks for sharing.

(Edit) Viewed the video a second time. I like the pacing, the longer clip duration. Gave my eyes a chance to take in the whole scene. I found the video very relaxing. Shorter clips would have changed that ambience, I believe. But ya, still felt there was too much of the forest flyover at the beginning.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys, I did wonder about the open over the tree shots being too long. In total it was about a 1km flight over them so I wanted to try to get a sense of scale, but cut down. Not sure if it worked how I intended.
As for the suggestion of shorter clips, would you still do that with a slower style video like this or would it ruin the pacing?
Some great feedback though everyone and just thanks for taking the time to reply.

Congrats, you got a lot of good comments. Very nice my favourite shot is the one on the ground with rowers and bicycle. The second part of your video was better. Like many people said flying over the tree top was not as interesting.

As for the suggestion of shorter clips, would you still do that with a slower style video like this or would it ruin the pacing?
The shorter clips should still work. Best way test it though, is for you to create a second version of your video with shorter clips and say 60-90 seconds in total length. That would probably take you an hour of new editing effort, but I think it’s totally worth it, given that “shorter clips” has the potentially to substantially improve all of your future videos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair