DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A question about GPS waypoints ( newbie question so please bear with me)

Quebecnewf

Reactions
Is there a way to hover over a small location and get a GPS location from the drone on that spot to input into another nav program letting you hike to that precise spot ?

Sorry if this is a dumb question

Quebecnewf

Is there a way to hover over a small location and get a GPS location from the drone on that spot to input into another nav program letting you hike to that precise spot ?

Sorry if this is a dumb question

Quebecnewf
It’s not a dumb question. In Litchi(an invaluable program for lots of reasons) has an option to show the coordinates of the current position directly on the HUD in the live view screen. DJI Go 4 doesn’t have this ability.

Anything here?

It’s not a dumb question. In Litchi(an invaluable program for lots of reasons) has an option to show the coordinates of the current position directly on the HUD in the live view screen. DJI Go 4 doesn’t have this ability.
So the Litchi app replaces the DJI app?

So the Litchi app replaces the DJI app?
Yes you would use it instead of the DJI Go 4 app. I would still have DJI Go 4 app installed on the device as there are some functions available in DJI Go 4 not available in Litchi but that list continues to shrink and there are more functions available in Litchi not available in DJI Go 4.

Think of it as supplementary to DJI Go 4 rather than an outright replacement but you can only use one app at a time

Reactions: dawgpilot
Or just take a photo - the coordinates will then be in the EXIF data.
Can you explain this a little further? If i hover over spot take pic then look at pic there will be lat long info attached?

Can you explain this a little further? If i hover over spot take pic then look at pic there will be lat long info attached?
What he means is that location data is saved to the metadata of photos taken with the Mavic so you can open the photo in a metadata viewer to get the coordinates and elevation data. I took this picture some time ago and opened in a metadata viewer app to get the Mavic’s location at the time of the photo 76102
I suppose the added advantage to this other than being free is that you can copy and paste the coordinates instead of manually transferring the coordinates of the nav app you want to use is on the same device. You can also wait till the Mavic has returned to you before retrieving the coordinates instead of trying to multi task while in the air

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShermanL