DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A question about video licensing

infrequentflyer

Reactions
Hello,

I've had a little Mavic Mini for a year or so and I've got some lovely images with it. I only recently registered as an operator and as a flyer. I don't have insurance for the drone (although I am considering it). I've captured some footage with it which someone has expressed an interest in using. The question is: Am I allowed to license it to them and/or make any money from it (given the restrictions around that aircraft and my lack of insurance at the time of filming). I'm having trouble coming to a definitive answer!

Thanks in advance, for any help.

Hello,

The question is: Am I allowed to license it to them and/or make any money from it (given the restrictions around that aircraft and my lack of insurance at the time of filming).
You flew legally in the past and now someone is interested in paying for it?
No worries - Go ahead and sell.
The FAA has no interest in what you do with some imagery you captured back in the past.
They are concerned about people flying safely.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
You flew legally in the past and now someone is interested in paying for it?
No worries - Go ahead and sell.
The FAA has no interest in what you do with some imagery you captured back in the past.
They are concerned about people flying safely.
The OP’s country is showing as Scotland. I don’t know if the laws there are different but I’m pretty sure the FAA isn’t involved.

Reactions: Thomas B and Meta4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato