DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A simple tutorial RTH

• Thread starter Deleted member 113929
  • Start date
brilliant explanation ... you do need some arty skills though if thiss is to be your chossn career

A tutorial simple, but if all new pilots looked at this, they would have less problems, instead of flying away without looking around.RTH tutorial simple but real
Good RTH tutorial, simple and very clear. A couple of points to add.

1. If your drone (mini) is within 60ft of take off and RTH is initiated, it will not rise to the set altitude and return. It will just land right there, maybe in water or a tree. RTH works as you explained when the mini is further than 60ft from where the Home Point is established.

2. You have control of your sticks while in RTH. You can change your altitude if you want to get lower out of some strong winds or higher to get over an obstruction like an antenna or taller tree. You can also rotate the mini if you want to shoot video sideways etc. Also you can change the speed home by slowing or speeding up. The only stick control that doesn't work is the direction home. It will fly straight home but you can speed up/speed down, rotate and change altitude.

Yes great. Thank you so much. I have A Mini and actually had that experience happen to me. I DIDN'T SET the RTH high enough. The Drone came withing a foot of hitting a building and antenna. Checkout the video and learn from my mistake. Fast forward to 5 min to just see the near miss!!!

1. If your drone (mini) is within 60ft of take off and RTH is initiated, it will not rise to the set altitude and return. It will just land right there, maybe in water or a tree.
Yeah, that is explained in the manual (didn't tried it yet), but...I'm not sure why they set it in that way, because It can land in water, tree, building...

You have control of your sticks while in RTH. You can change your altitude if you want to get lower out of some strong winds or higher to get over an obstruction like an antenna or taller tree. You can also rotate the mini if you want to shoot video sideways etc. Also you can change the speed home by slowing or speeding up. The only stick control that doesn't work is the direction home. It will fly straight home but you can speed up/speed down, rotate and change altitude.
Good to know, thanks. I had 6-7 RTH because of lost signal in 3-4 flights, but I thought that I can't (or shouldn't) touch anything during RTH. And I had situations that he first ascends to RTH height and then I see that it is unnecessary too high, that I could set it lower. What can I do in that situation when he begin to ascend? Can I "tell" him to do RTH on current height? Or I can lower height only after he ascend to RTH height?

The Drone came withing a foot of hitting a building and antenna. Checkout the video and learn from my mistake.
That was close :eek:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinblueline3