DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Tail of Red

Great shots, and a perfect example of not chasing wildlife. Those hawks could not care less that you were flying with them.

Reactions: Robert Granata
Well done, Beautifully put together enjoyed every moment.

Most California Red tail hawks I’ve come across are not aggressive, very friendly and allow me to get very close. Two red tail hawks fly together in my area, was able to take 8”-10” foot closeup pics last month, one was perched on top of an old oak tree.

Mariposa and Bear Valley are are places I visit every year, have friends that own property in Bear Valley. Ranch land, lots of cattle. Unfortunately, live in the valley 120 mile drive.

Thanks for sharing, I sure miss your area especially the hiking part.

Paul

910FCB96-288B-4C55-8515-F1B44533D452.jpeg

It’s mating season, they’re thinking of other things these days! :)

Once they have eggs or nestlings, your Mavic may become foe or fodder!

Reactions: Robert Granata
Such fantastic tracking! Your flying skills are impressive, and I can only assume you were using something larger than a phone screen for these flights.

Such fantastic tracking! Your flying skills are impressive, and I can only assume you were using something larger than a phone screen for these flights.
Thanks. Yes, an Ipad 2018. When I used to use my phone, I had to wait to watch the videos on the computer to see what I saw.

Very nice! You followed them in flight so well. It must have required a lot of editing work. I wonder how many outtakes there were where the hawk flies out of frame?
If we were still using film, I'd be swimming in it.

the birds were obviously reacting to your flight. pestering Raptors is both illegal nor good for them regarding stress.
It looked like a mating pair.
I live in a Florida and fly on a lake with Raptors always around and its tempting to go look. please leave them alone.. it's actually illegal.
but they are so cool. we just need to find a way to film them without disturbance and that takes keen skill.
most should not attempt this.

If your neighbors see you chasing a raptor with a quad and turn you in.. it gets expensive fast.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito