DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A train, on a viaduct

Rain stops play

Reactions
My first try at using Course Lock. Setup involved looking at timetable to see when a train was due, stroppy looks from the wife, being called 'nerd' by the kids, ignoring all of them a grinning while I flew.

Quick edit (cut), application of a random LUT, no fade in/out or music and voila. I see a fair bit of use of Course/Home lock in my future :)

PS 2.7K, 30FPS, Cloudy Balance, 0-0-0, ND8 Polarpro filter.

Well done. Course lock is something on my "to do" learning list. Did POI last week - that's really useful too.

The wife/kids irritation is just part of the joys, isn't it?

Reactions: Rain stops play
Very nice - I've also been meaning to make more use of course lock, maybe this will inspire me to find a way to use it next time I fly the mavic

Great video - enjoyed watching it more than a few times. [emoji102]
Appreciate seeing another part of the world (don't know location)
Inspired to use that flight mode.

Great video - enjoyed watching it more than a few times. [emoji102]
Appreciate seeing another part of the world (don't know location)
Inspired to use that flight mode.

Sorry, completely forgot to mention the location! It's a place called Whalley in East Lancashire, Northern England.

I did do a longer video of the viaduct in question but wished I'd caught a train on there so that was the reason behind today's trip, just for that one extra shot. You can find the other full video here at

Cheers

Reactions: mikeroycollins
I got a bit of a clue when I saw the Aspinall Arms Pub - the menu looks tempting (good old google)
Thanks for the extra bits - much appreciated.
Makes me realise I an yet to gather some "representative local content" which I will do - from Hamilton about 300km west of Melbourne Australia.
1437a717ee02562a72ac4c277fc75fdf.jpg
{simple pic - gimped later adjusted}
You seem a bit of a natural at this.
Next I have to tackle some video editing and maybe some uploads.

I got a bit of a clue when I saw the Aspinall Arms Pub - the menu looks tempting (good old google)
Thanks for the extra bits - much appreciated.
Makes me realise I an yet to gather some "representative local content" which I will do - from Hamilton about 300km west of Melbourne Australia.
1437a717ee02562a72ac4c277fc75fdf.jpg
{simple pic - gimped later adjusted}
You seem a bit of a natural at this.
Next I have to tackle some video editing and maybe some uploads.

Well you have an excellent mountainous skyline in that picture. Go explore!

I'm enjoying video editing only slightly less than flying and it's easy to record everything and cut only bits that you like to make a more interesting whole. Learning the software takes a while though.

Enjoy and good luck [emoji106]

Reactions: EJay
Well you have an excellent mountainous skyline in that picture. Go explore!

I'm enjoying video editing only slightly less than flying and it's easy to record everything and cut only bits that you like to make a more interesting whole. Learning the software takes a while though.

Enjoy and good luck [emoji106]

I did my first "Course Lock" flight - need some practice but thanks for the lead.
May be wandering off the topic, but I love the way this forum gives a great visual appreciation of parts of the world you may not otherwise discover.
Attached is my Mavic pic of the coast place we go to - a contrast to your landscape.
a6663d23a7b7896a9d8d517db8035483.jpg

I did my first "Course Lock" flight - need some practice but thanks for the lead.
May be wandering off the topic, but I love the way this forum gives a great visual appreciation of parts of the world you may not otherwise discover.
Attached is my Mavic pic of the coast place we go to - a contrast to your landscape.
a6663d23a7b7896a9d8d517db8035483.jpg

Very nice. Looks a gorgeous area. [emoji106]

My first try at using Course Lock. Setup involved looking at timetable to see when a train was due, stroppy looks from the wife, being called 'nerd' by the kids, ignoring all of them a grinning while I flew.

Quick edit (cut), application of a random LUT, no fade in/out or music and voila. I see a fair bit of use of Course/Home lock in my future :)

PS 2.7K, 30FPS, Cloudy Balance, 0-0-0, ND8 Polarpro filter.

I know months have gone past and there has been lots of good stuff on this site, BUT this is still one of my favourite and memorable clips - thanks again RainStopsPlay [emoji818]️[emoji846]

I know months have gone past and there has been lots of good stuff on this site, BUT this is still one of my favourite and memorable clips - thanks again RainStopsPlay [emoji818]️[emoji846]

Never imagined that testing out course lock mode would create something leaving a lasting impression! [emoji106]

Cheers Ejay [emoji41]

Reactions: EJay
Great job! The movement is so nice and smooth. Definately have to look into course look myself! Job well done.

Never imagined that testing out course lock mode would create something leaving a lasting impression! [emoji106]

Cheers Ejay [emoji41]

I think it just captures the moment! [emoji736][emoji122][emoji457][emoji108]

(Trying to choose words about framing of subject, speed, transition, background, interest etc would become an awkward lost exercise, so best to say ... I just like it.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun