DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A wifes view of drones for xmas

Great video. Other options than showing your wife this video and letting her buy you one would be:
  1. Invite her to go on a shopping spree and then just go get the drone yourself
  2. Tell her your friend gave it to you
  3. Just outright lie and tell her your M2 cost $100

My M2 cost $500 and a weekly payment of 50 husband points. Fortunately my wife thinks I'm cool so I have a large savings of husband points.

I sold some others toys to pay for my mavic. She couldn’t really argue with a one for one swap. I just hope when I die she doesn’t sell my stuff for what i told her i paid for them!

Reactions: jmfixitman
I had been wanting a drone for many years.. her answer was always no. Very surprised at Christmas last year, when there was a package with a card that said “don’t let me regret this.”The MavicPro is now named NoRegrets!! She reached out to my friend who told her what to get! My Wife is Awesome!!! Patience was well worth it!!! this is also the same woman who trains my dogs and bought me a shotgun that I was too cheap to buy myself!! 36 years and going strong!

I knew I stayed single for a reason.
Come to think of it when i was a happily married man i was always broke with nothing to show for it now i have lots of toys and still have a few bucks each month Hmm..... Could it be we just weren't meant to marry these mouthy modern never happy cant trust em lying stealing conniving "isn't that my wife's car in that man's driveway" women? #ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmm lmao

Love these stories and the many words of wisdom.

I've always tried to be a good husband (more than a poor one anyway) and was recently rewarded with a brand new M2 Zoom. I also undertook a professional course so I can use legally and professionally use my M2 for work in the family business as well as tinker around with it on the weekends as my hobby. I also have a range of other RC 'toys' to keep me amused and have been hooked on this RC hobby forever. Oh, I also build static models like Airfix, Tamiya and other moving miniatures such as train sets and slot cars.

Wanna have V8 Muscle cars and my former Ducati 748s did not fit into our grown-up life style, however, having them in miniature or reduced to scale operating models is a very pragmatic solution in resolving storage issues, maintenance and other running costs. Having one responsible adult in our household has been a blessing from above. Fringe benefits are also included from time to time.

i'm also attending university but hope to eventually graduate in 18 months to spend more time with toys and future children. Crikey a whole generation has grown up since I started my university education. I should have listened to my folks but did not. Hopefully, by listening to my wife I have become a better person and maybe even help a fallen brother or sister along the way too.

I'm hoping to design and construct a new family home using my adult skills, qualifications and experience for my wife so when the children arrive they will have lots of hobbies to choose from. I don't have XBox or PS and had little interest in them over the years. Just a different generation I guess. The new home will hopefully include some kind of hobby room, games room, shed structure or manchild cave.

All good fun so take care of your wife, girlfriend and/or mistresses depending on what life balance you've worked out. Back in the day...... we were so poor, we had to make and invent our toys (LOL).

Regards, from newbie member Tim.

Best thread ever!

Another great way to let the better half know what you want for Christmas is,

Keep viewing drone pages on the net, she will then see them pop up on her Facebook news feed page, then throw the “what I would love for Christmas is” question in.;)

I always get asked the question, “what you after now”;);) that might work:) it defo works for meThumbswayup

Love your way of thinking but this would be what happens to me.

1. Invite her to go on a shopping spree and then just go get the drone yourself = she would check the bank balance then kill me.

2. Tell her your friend gave it to you = she wouldn’t believe me, check the bank balance & again kill me.

3. Just outright lie and tell her your M2 cost $100 = still wouldn’t believe me again, check the bank balance, yep you got it.. kill me.

When she asks how much things cost for my drone hobby I always round the price down to the nearest £/$ sooo she knows me to well, hence why she wouldn’t believe me on the questions above.

Sooooo the moral to this story is, don’t lie, you will get found out one way or another, sh## scared of the wife when it comes to money:oops::oops:

Keep them sweet, pamper them, tell them how much you love um, o_O that might work, well it might..:)
****, you married my wife's sister!

Lol, nice video. For 2015 Christmas I have got a Syma X8. I fully agree with the above video, to buy a drone for a few bucks just makes no sense- you can play a learn for money , it does not work. So I have got my first DJI Phantom professional for 2016-th Christmas. The idea behind is that the guy ( 62 years old ) who is playing does not get up to mischief ;).
After being on vacations in Portugal in 2017 making marvelous videos and carying the heavy Phantom PRO I got this spring a retirement gift from my wife a Mavic Air fly more combo.
As add on I got ma wife´s permission and strong support to pass trough a pilot training and get professional license (the training and license fees are higher than the price of mavic lol). So I use Phantom for business purposes based on commercial pilot license (see pls. my first commercial video ) and Mavic for vacations (as it is pocket size and not that heavy ). Many times I am sorting out the dilemma Phantom/ Mavic which one to take with me.
So isn´t she great?

Last edited:
Reactions: jmfixitman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennismavicair1