DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A2 CofC not showing on CAA

paul09

Reactions
I’ve had my A2 CofC since February but it’s not showing on the CAA website. When I check my details it comes back as not found.

Does anyone else have this?

@paul09 you should have had electronic confirmation from the place where you took your A2,C of C course they then inform the CAA that you have passed ,but that does not show up on the CAA website ,but rest assured it will be available for scrutiny ,by Law Enforcement if something happened while you were flying your drone outside the remit of what the A 2 C of C allowed you to do the only information you can see is your operator ID and flyer ID

@paul09 you should have had electronic confirmation from the place where you took your A2,C of C course they then inform the CAA that you have passed ,but that does not show up on the CAA website ,but rest assured it will be available for scrutiny ,by Law Enforcement if something happened while you were flying your drone outside the remit of what the A 2 C of C allowed you to do the only information you can see is your operator ID and flyer ID
Yeah they sent me the electronic certificate. I was just confused why when I check my registration it mentions nothing about the A2CofC. It’s not a problem as I always keep my A2CofC on me but just curious

Reactions: old man mavic
@paul09 have you joined any of the associations such as the BMFA or FPV UK they are very good and provide a good third party insurance cover in their subscription ,and you can input the certificates you have on their sites, and print out a hard copy to carry with you if you want

@paul09 have you joined any of the associations such as the BMFA or FPV UK they are very good and provide a good third party insurance cover in their subscription ,and you can input the certificates you have on their sites, and print out a hard copy to carry with you if you want
I was a member of the BMFA but have just renewed with FPVUK instead. I fly under Article 16 a lot so its really useful.

Reactions: old man mavic
@paul09 same as me started off for two years with the BMFA but when the 2020 renewal came around did not like the price increase ,so i went with FPVUK as well i can manage without the magazines

I'm Spanish but based in the UK. Recently a passed my A2 CofC in UK, and I passed it in Spain, as well. It is incredible that CAA(UK) legislation is based on EASA legislation (EU) and they are not recognized by each other.
Anyway, I sorted it to fly in UK and Europe. My question is because if I enter in the database in Spain I can see that I have de A1/A3 licence and A2 licence.
If I try to check it in UK, due that I passed my A1/A3 licence directly from the CAA/government website and the A2 in a private academy (UAV), I only can see my A1/A3 registration in CAA. Is that right? or does it need to be updated in any way?

Thanks and regards,
Francisco

I'm Spanish but based in the UK. Recently a passed my A2 CofC in UK, and I passed it in Spain, as well. It is incredible that CAA(UK) legislation is based on EASA legislation (EU) and they are not recognized by each other.
Anyway, I sorted it to fly in UK and Europe. My question is because if I enter in the database in Spain I can see that I have de A1/A3 licence and A2 licence.
If I try to check it in UK, due that I passed my A1/A3 licence directly from the CAA/government website and the A2 in a private academy (UAV), I only can see my A1/A3 registration in CAA. Is that right? or does it need to be updated in any way?

Thanks and regards,
Francisco
currently on the CAA website it does not show any extra certificates that you may have obtained
it only shows your Operator ID and Flyer ID ,but when you passed your A2,C of C ,you should have received and electronic copy, which can be printed out from the (UAV) who are a recognised accredited provider for the A2 C of C and they will have informed the CAA that you passed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki