DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Abandoned Development in UK

JasonHB

Reactions
Hi All,

Here is my very first video, I have never done this before and it is only my third outing with my Mavic Air.

I would love your feedback as I think that the only way to learn is to accept critique and advice from people that know better than I do.

Thanks in advance

Jason

Nicely done!!
Were these buildings never finished, or lived in long ago?

It was originally a truck stop/cafe in the 70's and 80's which closed down. It was then under development as a hotel but the building work stopped and then it has fallen into disrepair. It is apparently now going to be converted into 30 or 40 homes on the site.

Although, they were due to be completed this year and it doesn't even look like they have started doing very much.

Since you're asking for feedback, here it goes :D

(I love people telling me those things too, it's the only way to learn)

(also please forgive my English, as it's not my primary language and probably there will be somethings I explain in a weird way)

First of all, your shots (scenes) are too long. It's better to keep shots of 4 to 8 seconds normally, so the viewer doesn't get bored. Reserve those 14-15 seconds shots for something really spectacular.

You have really nice ideas to do your shots, keep them short as I mentioned and mix them so the video is dynamic (a traveling, then a cenital shot, then something more general... Etc)

Use the music. It's not just there to make pretty. Listen and listen the song, get used to its tempo, and change scenes accordingly to the music. Look for dramatic changes in the song, so you can make a dramatic change in your video. When you do that, you'll be able to not use fading black transitions all the time (1 or 2 times per video is cool, but don't abuse of them)

Color: the color I assume is like it went out of the mavic shooting in auto right? Get used to record in D*Log and color grade your videos on post production using luts. The results are amazing.

Also add black bars up and down. It gives a more cinematic look, more "pro".

Read a lot of premiere (or the program you're using to edit), watch a hundred videos on YouTube to get some ideas.

It's not hard, I've been practicing less than a month, have some pals giving me this kind of comments and enjoying a lot the edit process.

I leave you 2 videos of my own so you can see what I've been talking about (they will have some errors too, so your feedback is welcome too :D)

Regards, and there you go your first like and subscriber ;)

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback, I really appreciate the time you have taken to post that.

Having watched your videos (subscribed by the way), I totally understand what you mean about the length of each shot, the transition between the shots and the way that you make the scene changes with the music.

It works so much better than mine, it keeps your interest and makes it much more involving and you want to keep watching.

That is all a huge help to me and I need to work on all of your points. I will try and use all of that information in my next video.

Thanks again

Jason

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser