DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Abandoned NY Power Plant

Much better but using dissolves would improve it further. With slow moving images cuts can often appear abrupt and more so if panning changes direction suddenly between shots. Dissolves will ‘blend’ the clips together.

Excellent footage music & editing very atmospheric. What software do you use. I'm just getting started . Thank you
I edit on Final Cut. I have been using it for a long time. But really started learning it at the beginning of Covid when our church went virtual. Then I got into drones when I got a Mini for Christmas. But whatever program you use to edit, it is just a tool. And most of the basic concepts transfer between the tools. Pick a tool and then learn as much as you can about it. Try different things. Post to forums like this. You will start to learn what works and what doesn’t. I tried something different with this video. Some people liked it. Others did not. But that is what art is. There will always be opinions. In the end it is about making something you can be proud of.

I edit on Final Cut. I have been using it for a long time. But really started learning it at the beginning of Covid when our church went virtual. Then I got into drones when I got a Mini for Christmas. But whatever program you use to edit, it is just a tool. And most of the basic concepts transfer between the tools. Pick a tool and then learn as much as you can about it. Try different things. Post to forums like this. You will start to learn what works and what doesn’t. I tried something different with this video. Some people liked it. Others did not. But that is what art is. There will always be opinions. In the end it is about making something you can be proud of.
Yes I agree. It's the perspective of your own creativity that gives that individual touch.
Great learning curve to indulge in especially when we are in such unpredictable times & to appreciate what we have around us.
I will definitely look at buying the air 2s with all the positive,s I've been researching. Cheers

Hahaha...Ditto, just had my Mavic mini 1 for three months & first time droner.!!!.
Just thinking of getting the Air2 s. Are you happy with everything so far ???
I love the Air 2s so far. The Mini is great. But I love what I can do with this. It is so much more nimble to fly. Much faster! And the camera is something else. It's like moving from a camera phone to a DSLR.

I love the Air 2s so far. The Mini is great. But I love what I can do with this. It is so much more nimble to fly. Much faster! And the camera is something else. It's like moving from a camera phone to a DSLR.
Excellent thank you for your input. Look forward to more footage. Enjoy & drone safe ??

Some did not like the transition effects in the video. I uploaded a second video without the transition effect as a comparison. What do you think? Do you like it with or without?

I like this one much better than the original, but I think it would be improved further if short cross-dissolves were used as transitions. Of course, this is only my opinion, and I understand if others disagree. I’m still impressed with how smooth the clips are.

Reactions: dronertv
I got the Mavic Mini for Christmas and lasted less than four months before upgrading to the new Air 2s. This is the first mission I flew with it and had so much fun making this video. I am still learning some of the flight and camera settings but I loved the results.
As others have mentioned, good video techniques. Suggest you drop hokey scene transitions. Watch professional cinematography and you'll rarely see any transitions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki