Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Abandoned Railroad Viaducts

dronertv

Reactions
Site
droner.tv
Not all who wander are lost. - Gandalf

One of the things I love about flying a drone is the incentive to explore and find things that I would not have otherwise. This is the abandoned Delaware River & Paulinskill's Viaducts. They are literally bridges to nowhere. They were part of the abandoned Lackawanna Cut-Off Line which provided service from NYC to Scranton. The last train crossed in 1979. Although, there is now an effort to restore this abandoned line once again.

@dronertv nice video ,looking at some of the close ups in the video ,as far as restoration is concerned ,it would probably not be an economic proposition ,judging from the amount of deterioration to the structure
and the costs involved would be astronomical ,probably more than pulling it down and starting again ,which is a shame

Good video.
Kinda sad to see a bridge deteriorate after all the man hours and materials that went into it......shame!

@pgenneken I was wondering the same - there must be an easy way to get down there, so much graffiti. I'm a portrait photographer - this would be an amazing location for a photoshoot with a model or two. @dronertv Your aerial shots were excellent, but I just kept thinking how cool it would have been to have a model in some of those shots. I'm in California, but your video makes me want to make a trip east bound. :) Thanks for sharing!

Graffiti everywhere.. How did they get down there? and why risk it. lol
great video!
Here is an article on the 2nd viaduct. There are manholes and ladders to climb throughout the bridge. But it would be trespassing to go up on the bridge and I did not want to risk a fine. So I just flew my drone to it. But you can see plenty of other people have risked a fine. Paulinskill Viaduct | Weird NJ

Reactions: pgenneken
Here is an article on the 2nd viaduct. There are manholes and ladders to climb throughout the bridge. But it would be trespassing to go up on the bridge and I did not want to risk a fine. So I just flew my drone to it. But you can see plenty of other people have risked a fine. Paulinskill Viaduct | Weird NJ
Been down Route 80 and passed Blairstown numerous times and never stopped there.
Very interesting article. Might have to bring my drone and do a fly over as well.

Thanks for the link!

Like the way the structures just pop out of the canopy. A job well done dronertv

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters