DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Abandoned Recreation complex and Ski Track

Proffy

Reactions
The complex contains three buildings. Large Sphere building was used depending on the day and event time as a dinning place, movie Theatre, place for disco or conference center. Second one was used as a hotel and a third, large building used to be a brilliant hotel for a soviet people, but seems it was never finished. Near the complex, you may find a ski track. Seems it was a pretty nice place, until it gets abandoned after the of USSR.

Judging by the snow still left on those ski slopes, the skiing part of that place must still be in operation. Snow that has been packed and skied on in ski areas always lasts much longer once the thaw has begun. Snow that was untouched on the adjacent areas of ground around ski slopes, will have long melted away completely, yet the ski slopes will have snow remain there for weeks after all snow in open untouched areas has melted. Your video seems to suggest that this was used at least just for skiing this past winter.

Judging by the snow still left on those ski slopes, the skiing part of that place must still be in operation. Snow that has been packed and skied on in ski areas always lasts much longer once the thaw has begun. Snow that was untouched on the adjacent areas of ground around ski slopes, will have long melted away completely, yet the ski slopes will have snow remain there for weeks after all snow in open untouched areas has melted. Your video seems to suggest that this was used at least just for skiing this past winter.
Well catched! You're right. I saw a ski rent box in there, but no one around. So I not sure its operating.

Nicely done, interesting place

Someone seems to be operating the little poma still there.
Maybe camping in the buildings, if no power they might be bringing a generator to run the poma lift.
Finally found, that there are some camping near by, which also operates a ski track! :)

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Probably not now, but it was for sure this past winter. Only skiers would know things like this about the snow.
Yeah, you're right! I'm not the ski person. :(

Interesting post Proffy. Hard to get one's head around abandoning a potentially great facility. Still it happens I guess.

Reactions: Proffy
Interesting post Proffy. Hard to get one's head around abandoning a potentially great facility. Still it happens I guess.
Sad but true. Maybe one day someone will restore it and finish as it was designed. It will be really cool!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229