DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Abondoned Rock A Hoola Waterpark

That was a fun video to watch and I really enjoyed reading about the history. It looks like a neat place! Thank you for taking the time to create and share the video.

-Rod

Reactions: CvCow
Fun to watch. Great flying. Drone was a Mavic 3? Looks like it was flown with an Avata, going through small spaces.

This former water park is now a grafiti park. I suppose there is no better place for that than out in the middle of the desert. Sadly grafiti has become a blight in many major cities and is a a testament to how some view the sanctity of others' property.

Reactions: dozzn
wow, what an amazing location for flying!

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

That was a fun video to watch and I really enjoyed reading about the history. It looks like a neat place! Thank you for taking the time to create and share the video.

-Rod
Glad you enjoyed it Rod. I have driven by it dozens of times over the years but this was the first time I stopped to check it out.
Fun to watch. Great flying. Drone was a Mavic 3? Looks like it was flown with an Avata, going through small spaces.

This former water park is now a grafiti park. I suppose there is no better place for that than out in the middle of the desert. Sadly grafiti has become a blight in many major cities and is a a testament to how some view the sanctity of others' property.
Yes, flown with the Avata. It is the only drone I would dare to fly like this, can pretty much survive most crashes and keep on flying. Highly maneuverable also. And yes the grafitti is a shame but at least it is out in the middle of nowhere. Some of it was actually almost art but what a waste. Years ago when I would drive past this place I would always wonder why anyone could build a waterpark in the middle of the desert, just made no sense. If it had been 20 miles to the west in Barstow It probably would have survived. Years ago the slides were all visible from I15 but each year there would be less and less to see as they sold off parts of it. I learned a bit researching the history of the place, cant imagine what it looked like back in the 50's with big fields of alfalfa and cattle. And hard to believe that just below the surface there is a big aquifer.
wow, what an amazing location for flying!
Thanks

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Thanks

Reactions: SHORod
I had always heard about that water park, but I had no idea it was that big. What a great place to fly (with your skills).
An unbelievable amount of rattle cans went into the current decoration.
DJI should comp you for this spectacular endorsement of FPV drones!

Cool little video! Looks like a really cool place to explore!
Glad you liked it
I had always heard about that water park, but I had no idea it was that big. What a great place to fly (with your skills).
An unbelievable amount of rattle cans went into the current decoration.
DJI should comp you for this spectacular endorsement of FPV drones!
Yeah the place is huge. There was an ATV while I was there driving through the rafting channels. I dont think there is any surface that has not been painted or vandalized. Despite all the damage though 90% of the place is intact and could be rebuilt, maybe someday
Awesome work. Enjoyed the story and music. Thanks for sharing.
Tried to go with rock music to fit the theme, Thanks

Reactions: hiflyer201
I dont think there is any surface that has not been painted or vandalized. Despite all the damage though 90% of the place is intact and could be rebuilt, maybe someday
The heavy graffiti reminds of the last time I visited Athens. Chicago is starting to look like that in places.

Cool little video! Looks like a really cool place to explore!
It was!
The heavy graffiti reminds of the last time I visited Athens. Chicago is starting to look like that in places.
Yeah, I notice video's from others showing graffiti from Europe and other countries and it all has a similar appearance of form, almost like it is one and the same. Kind of a worldwide similarity. Someone out there is probably doing a Phd thesis on this! I prefer ancient graffiti or Native Rock art, it told a story and had actual meaning
I thought the video was a bit long. The history was cool , I liked seeing the shadow from the drone from time to time. It was a fun to watch. Thanks for sharing.
Agree, it was a bit long. I researched the history and then ended up with 30 short sentences that I needed to fit into the video so I had to edit it long enough to have it all fit into the timeline. Kind of a first for me, I could have edited it again shorter but got lazy. Glad you liked it, thanks

Used to drive by there all the time. We lived in Las Vegas and went to San Diego all the time. Great video!
Me too, finally stopped to check it out, thanks
Glad you liked it. Yeah it is always a shock to see it out there in the middle of nowhere and it caught my attention everytime I would drive by it. If Barstow keeps expanding someday it may be on the edge of town and it might be profitable to rebuild it. Really 90% of the place is still intact so it might be worth it someday.

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_